Home

How to disable indivdual forces?

Chronic

I know there is a way, because AusGamers's FFA #2 has disabled the offensive forces, which are considered by some fairly cheap, and im going to do the same on my FFA and Duelling servers if i can work out the command

If you want to see what i mean then join 203.220.0.22:28075

Would anyone know how to do this? (MatrixCPA :))

Offensive forces include: Grip, Drain, Lightning and Push... Any comment on these? Any others that should(nt) be included?

I dont want to completely remove all forces, but still i want to keep some skill in sabering on my servers..

Also.. can someone pls check if my server turns up in ASE/JK2 browser? the name is ^1Mexican ^4Wookies ^1FFA

IP: 210.49.94.12:28070

:D

I can't remember who, but someone corresponded with the admins of that server and they honestly don't know how they got it to work. Others have looked at their configs and even copied them but gotten different results. *shrug* I've never even experimented with it since it was just "known" not to work.

no force servers have the value g_forcePowerDisable set to 32767

i remember in quake2, game options were set by a similar number

usually its an addition or multiplication of binaries referring to whats on and whats off

perhaps this is as well the case in jk2

EsRubio

That is the case here as well. However, when you set it to disable a few specific force powers, you get unexpected results because the feature is broken. Say you disable all the light/dark specific powers, you'll also lose force jump and saber throw (if I remember right). I know it should be easy, but it's a long standing bug in the software.

Archived