Home

That sneakin lvl HELP

Skythe

hi there

i'm in that lvl where u mustnt be spotted by anybody and made it to that room where u can turn the lights off on sum kind of balcony (secret?). well i turned em off, went down to use the front door but when i got there, the lights had been turned on again.

now, u cant turn em off twice and it doesnt seem to be possible to kill 8-10 enemies in that hall when lights r on.

Do i have to restart (as i saved with the lights back on) or is there another way to turn em off/kill those guys without them seeing you?

thnx in advance guys

Possible spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure if there's a way to get through that room with the lights on. The officer with the panic alarm panel is in an enclosed area and there is no access (I tried). The way I did it was to switch off the light while standing near the opening through which I originally entered. As soon as the light went out, I crawled back to the previous area and jumped down. I then went through the doors to the left and entered the area with the officers and stormtroopers. I went to the left of the stormtroopers all the way to the left side of the room. I then went forward (avoiding the officers by sliding to the right) and then went to the door that was just to the right of my position at that point. Whew! That certainly was much more detailed than I have initially expected...

D (tired out) :p

Exactly - I am fairly sure you can't mind trick the officer at the alarm, but even if you could he'd be alerted by the dropping bodies ...

I did the crouch-walk off the ledge after turning off the lights, using my light-amp goggles, and crouch-walked to the other side. Worked great - even more reliable for me than the mind trick and run thing ... I may try some combo on my next tiem through.

Mike

Hey you guys ! It's not that simple !!!

I tried for 3 frigging hours to get past those idiots and every time somebody saw me open the door. (##¤¤""#¤!!)

What difficulty lvl are you playing ?

This is my first round and I'm playing at "Jedi Knight" lvl.

The reason I'm askin is; I have a walkthrough on my comp and it tells me to mind trick just those 3 officers talking and I should be safe to open the (f..g) door... but no...

Can anybody tell me if it's more difficult, than that, on JK level and if so what to do ???

- If you think you haven't seen me around, it's because I haven't been around- until now-

I think your walkthrough is wrong. You need to turn out the lights. You only get 1 chance before the Officer in the glass booth turns them back on. You can't get through with the lights on. I know, I tried, and I failed. Now, save before turning off the lights. Turn them off, hit Force Speed, turn on your goggles, crouch, drop off the ledge and run for the door. Once you get inside, turn around and watch those three Officers. You may need to Mindtrick 1 or 2. Once the door closes, you should be safe. Let the door close and save again.

There is one other way, which I found entirely by accident. It requires some fantastic jumping skills, either by cheating, luck, or rocket/detonator jumping (which hurts, if not kills you). Basically, it's possible to get on TOP of the room, and walk over the roof, and drop down on the other side. You never even go in, so you never draw attention. I was only able to get it twice, once with explosives, and once cheating my way to maxed jump. But it can be done...

Here's how i did it...

in the previous room, i walked through the small vent to get to the light switch. turned it off, then dropped down. You'll drop between two glass command centre things, with 3 officers on your left. i think force jumped over the command centre infront of me and walked to the door. i then used force speed, opened the door, ran through, and opened the second door. You have to open the second door FAST, or you won't make it through.

• 2 weeks later...

When I originally played it, I played at level 2 difficulty (Jedi?). I used the strategy in my previous post to do this. Oh, I had forgotten to mention the fact that I used the light-amplification goggles just before I entered the room with the Imperials.

D

Archived