Home

Game Freezes after matches / When quitting

JediGhost[SITH]

This happens to me too. It's one of the ways that the game freezes for me and everyone else in the thread in the tech support forum :(. Raven, please fix this game. We shouldn't have to mess around with the settings on our computers to accomodate your game

Amen. Seems like Star Wars games are going down hill (glitch and quality)..

I had Obi-Wan for the Xbox and I have never played a worse game in my life, but I tell you, all the glitches and game mess-ups provided much humor.

But I think the 2002 award for game with most glitches goes to Jedi Outcast.

The no saber trick, the saber spin around you forever trick, the lay down trick, all the damn gravity killing tricks, the "put your hands up now" stance, the saber spin in 1 spot forever trick, and lord knows how many wait to be discovered...

yea also getting these quit errors sheit....although the lay on ground and laser spin is ok... caus laser spin doesnt really harm u etc... but those other ones when u have to reboot "ALWAYS"... have been checking into it. and some servers seem to be very stable for me while others are not. still i see some getting kicked on the servers that are stable for me LOL. fuuucked up maan. it started sweet and going down the toilet more and more... when will i flush?

Originally posted by JediGhost[sITH]

Amen. Seems like Star Wars games are going down hill (glitch and quality)..

I had Obi-Wan for the Xbox and I have never played a worse game in my life, but I tell you, all the glitches and game mess-ups provided much humor.

But I think the 2002 award for game with most glitches goes to Jedi Outcast.

The no saber trick, the saber spin around you forever trick, the lay down trick, all the damn gravity killing tricks, the "put your hands up now" stance, the saber spin in 1 spot forever trick, and lord knows how many wait to be discovered...

:violin:

The game hasn't crashed on me once, and I have an SB Audigy + Via chipset m/b, AMD 1.5 gig, and Geforce 3 - a combination that usually has problems. But I know how to tweak my system properly.

A few fixable glitches here and there in the game are nothing - try playing Tribes 2 or C&C Renegade.

This game is pretty much rock solid otherwise.

Most of the crashes are due to *user error* - bad drivers, over-heating, over-clocking, bad tweaking, etc.

Yeah it usually happens after my computer has been on for about 5 days .. Then again I never turn it off, but if I haven't restarted in 5 days it freezes.

Maybe I should give it a rest heheh.. :rolleyes:

Either way this is one of the glitchiest games I've ever seen :)

P.S.

Do you guys see "BETA VERSION" written anywhere in the manual or on the box? If not, it should be. ;)

Very often, after a match, after everyone has selected ready and the next map is supposed to load, my computer will freeze.

It'll just sit there at the scores where everyone clicks "Ready"..

And sometimes my computer will freeze when I hit "Quit" and then "To main menu"

I had the same problem if I had mods running, but when i removed the mods it played fine. If you have mods in your gamedata\base\ Directory try removing them !!!!

Yeah it usually happens after my computer has been on for about 5 days .. Then again I never turn it off, but if I haven't restarted in 5 days it freezes.

Maybe I should give it a rest heheh.. :rolleyes:

Either way this is one of the glitchiest games I've ever seen :)

P.S.

Do you guys see "BETA VERSION" written anywhere in the manual or on the box? If not, it should be. ;)

Memory leaks, improper cooling, on your part.

The game is very stable.

Funny how nothing else makes my computer freeze... Even Diablo II ran perfectly after a week of non-stop being on.

Stable my ass... Like I said, JK2 has the most glitches (in-game included) I have ever seen in ANY game..

I can't complain though cuz it IS fun.

EDIT:

Yeah I don't have mods in my folder either.. nothing except assets0.pk3 and assets1.pk3 and my cfgs.. :(

And that also may be the problem. Because I used to just keep my SP mods in the folder and the game would freeze. Eventually I took them out (for no particular reason). I didnt even notice it stopped freezing when I got rid of the mods.. Just today I was playing SP with my mods. Afterwards I DID delete the mods, and when I switched the MP, surely enough it froze the 2nd map it loaded... It was my dedicated server by the way, it was running while I played SP with the Mods.

I'll leave my mods out and see if it freezes ;)

I have tribes 2.. It's not as bad as JK2 from what I've seen.

P.S.

You sound insulting... Is there a problem here? I don't see a reason for you to act that way..

...I leave my computer on non-stop, it hasnt been shut down since January... Only restarting every 3 days or so. No doubt there will be freezing here and there.. But the funny thing is, the only thing that freezes is JK2.

I have tribes 2.. It's not as bad as JK2 from what I've seen.

P.S.

You sound insulting... Is there a problem here? I don't see a reason for you to act that way..

If you believe Tribes 2 is more stable, hrm, okay, no comment.

As you said:

"But I think the 2002 award for game with most glitches goes to Jedi Outcast. "

Who is being insulting?

Why is this not happening to everyone?

Why is JK2 more stable for me than most other games?

mine does the same thing. it's funny too because MP seems to run fine on some servers and it freezes on others but usually i can go 3 or 4 20-30 minute MP matches and eventually my system will lock up at the "ready" for next match screen, or when trying to exit the program.

if i'm on a server with no time/kill limit i can play forever.. :confused:

Have you not played the game? Do you not see all the glitches going on? The saber spin trick, spin trick 2, lay down trick, vanishing saber, the "w00t" stance, the lovely gravity killers, and many many more tiny glitches I can't think of right now..

Oooh tiny glitches.. I'm so hurt! :eek:

Very very small glitches || .. otherwise super stable game.

Are you obsessed with finding every little tiny problem in a game?

I'll bet you can do this with other games and have a much easier time at it.

But you said Tribes 2 is more stable - so all your validity has been removed from this discussion.

P.S. Are you using a NO-CD crack?

NewBJedi - have you thought that for him it MIGHT be more stable? Maybe? Just a little?

Let up some here. Yes he may be complaining in a way you don't like, but that doesn't prevent him from having a point in there.

I likewise get this problem occasionally. *occasionally*. I know what I am doing, I have worked with PCs for years know and know what can cause this kind of problem. MY PC is kept cool. It is kept up to date. It is kept clean of uneccesary backgorund tasks and other software. The game itself is an original, bought the day it came out, with no MP mods or NoCD cracks or the like.

I still have this problem. It began when I turned up the detail levels from the Fastest setting. I know from experimentation over time that reducing the texture quality from 32bit to 16 has a positive effect (reduce the occurence of these crashes). I know that it happens most often for me on particular servers (mainly gamesdomain ones, but on some others too). Can I explain it? No. Do I sound like I am whining? I hope not. I would like it fixed as it IS annoying, but the fact that it runs fine on yours and not on mine does not make it MY FAULT.

But nor does it make it Ravens - PC games ARE hard to get working under every possible set of condistions (impossible really), and the sheer number of users of a game like this makes it seem like a lot of people are having problems when it is really a tiny fraction of the community. Accept that the people posting with problems ARE HAVING PROBLEMS, and offer help, not insults.

PS: I have Tribes 2 myself. It has crashed incredibly rarely, and I have tracked the problem down to a packet loss/corruption problem to do with my CONNECTION (busy server + cable modem saturating), not my PC. This implies that otherwise it is perfectly stable on my PC. :>

Guest Sabre9

I posted this in the Patch thread, but since this thread is still going strong, I figure I should repost it here...

About the JK II crashing in MP when switching levels bug/freeze:

When JK II came out, the ONLY MP mode I played was CTF. I never had a crash/freeze. Ever. I was with NewBJedi in thinking that if it froze on your system, it was your problem.

However, I (just this week) started playing a couple other modes (Jediknight and Duel). I then (sometimes) experienced the freeze bug at the "Ready" screen that people talked about.

I then returned to playing CTF for a couple days. No freeze bug.

So maybe the freeze bug only shows up during certain MP game modes???

Well, usually for the host of the server, the Ready screen plays stop and go.

If you watch the little blue bar with the static, you'll see it freeze and go.

I'm guessing 2 things:

#1 Maybe the host's computer just dies out because of the stop and go

#2 Maybe the client(s) try to change maps before the server has.

Very often, after a match, after everyone has selected ready and the next map is supposed to load, my computer will freeze.

It'll just sit there at the scores where everyone clicks "Ready"..

And sometimes my computer will freeze when I hit "Quit" and then "To main menu"

yes, it happens to me too.

k have had ALOT of problems with this thing! have posted before also... but want to make some updates;)

yesterday and day before that i think there was absolutly no freezings here!?

usually im used to it freezes after every map change these days...

im guessing it might not be servers or clients fault but the thing that all servers go thru whatever that heartbeat pulse goes to heh do not know much about this stuff... but today again the bugs are there. just like if someone is messing around at raven lol

if not then im guessing its the solar flares effects the earth electro magnetical systems right now... but not sure if there is any large amount of those right now hehe

well thats my latest thought after alot of testing with this **** problem...

This was hampering my server regularly and seemed to be timed with the addition of custom skins to the jk2/base directory on my linux dedicated server. I have removed all but the base pk3s and the amount of timeouts seems to be greatly reduced now, but we'll wait and see if that's truth or just impressionable minds hoping for the best.

Anyway, it's definitely the /client/ hanging on map rotation and it certainly seems like there's some wierd server-client interaction which can cause this.

Archived