Home

Concerning the dismemberment of StormTroopers...

????

(Greetings, this is my first post)

I have seen many screen shots of storm-troopers having their arms fly off or cut in half. I have tried many ways (including the Lightsaber thrust) to hew off an arm (yes, dismemberment is on) but all I could do is slice it off and it falls to the floor. How can I do more damagage?

You can use a "cheat" for this. The reason why it's a cheat is that at its highest setting, sure, you chop them in a million pieces in one swipe, but the same goes for EVERY other enemy, including the tougher Reborns, etc. Anyway.

First turn cheating on by using "helpUsObi 1" in the console (shift-~).

Then you can modify the g_saberRealisticCombat cvar. The default is 0, I believe. It can go as high up as 3, with increasing realism (and ease to kill enemies).

Hmmm ...

I don't know, even without the cheat, I get some nice cuts ... I even had a duel that ended with the 'other saber wielder' (I'll not post the spoiler here) kneeling holding his stump of an arm before falling to the ground dead. Which, given I didn't use speed and made it a long duel, was a very gratifying sight and feeling ...

Mike

I tried this and it works great. Thanks

On level 3 it makes it easier to kill opponents with just one slash of the Sabre and limbs fly everywhere but it also makes it easier to be killed by just one slash!

I tried it on all levels but level 1 seems to give the dismemberment required and also the lengthier combat.

Is the difference between 0 and 1 just the amount of dismemberment or is there more damage when you 'connect' or when you've been struck?

Actually you guys all leaving out one crucial little thing.

You've got the first half of the dismemberment package listed, but for true carnage you need to type in

g_dismemberProbabilities 0 this will cause EVERYTHING you kill to lose a limb or 4. So basically the minute you start up a game type in the following three lines to cause uber dismemberment:

helpusobi 1

g_saberRealisticCombat 1

g_dismemberProbabilities 0

Sure there is, create a file called autoexec.cfg in your JK2\GameData\base directory. Add the lines

seta helpUsObi 1

seta g_saberRealisticCombat 1

seta g_dismemberProbabilities 0

to it. Then start the game.

Note that you'll have to type the lines manually in (or "exec autoexec.cfg" at the console) if you start a NEW game. If you load a saved game, then you should have cheats on, etc right off the bat without typing anything else in the console.

Archived