Home

NOOB?! who the hell came up with that

heman-law-sc-

Im so tiered of the word noob! Some people are just so dumb. When you dont fight the way they like, beat them, or use heavy stance you are instantly a "noob" sorry to break a lot of your egos but the games been out a whole month! wow! were all "noobs" no matter how good you think you are. ThIS GAMES TURNING INTO CS FOR GODS SAKE!:mad:

My understanding is that "newbie" got started in the military like 50 years ago, then moved to prisons, then was mutated into "n00b" by the tech culture. Some people actually use the word properly, but there's a hell of a lot of people that use it like a seveth-grader uses "gay," i.e. I can't think of anything original to say, so if I don't understand it, it's gay. I have to admit there will always be a steady stream of n00bish cattle throughout the gaming world, but as I see it, if you don't like the level of talent on a server, don't play there.

I am in the military (15 years now) and the word was "nub". Which is short for non-useful-body. It then convoluted to "newbie" which meant someone new to the game or whatever activity you were participating in. Now it seems to have changed to "noob" which is someone who does not know how to play properly or uses lame tactics.

I swear, I always used "newbie" in the sense of a neophyte to computers (or the topic of the forum we're on..like if somebody came here not knowing the force counters in JK2, etc, people who don't RTFM, etc).

I only started seeing "n00b" at most 1 year ago.

I'm not from California, and supposedly, in the US at least, their slang always floats over (I dunno why, most of is silly). Like "hella" and "kewl."

What's scary is when people use it off the computer. On the computer, if I use it I only use it to make fun of it (like in that excellent "If the movies were like JK2" thread).

WTF Gr1p wh0R3!!!!!

Use Absorb.. n00b!

I do believe that being called a newb these days isn't nearly as insulting as it used to be. These days you actually see true newbies calling us veterans newbs, and you have to wonder WTF? Part of the problem is that people seem to have a misconception of what the word newb means. The people who stand there in the middle of a fight and ask "how do you sheath your saber," or "how do you do a dfa" these guys aren't newbs. These are just idiots who haven't figured out what the manual is for. Drain whores, DFA spammers, etc. most are not newbs but are in fact people who have just found a routine that works for them and are so locked into it that they have bitching fits when you beat them. Being a newb is more a stage you go through where every gun, and every saber move is new to you. Your still exlporing your abilities and strategies. For instance take Obi-Wan Kenobi. In Episode 1, the Obi-Wan we saw was very different from the Obi-Wan we know. He was basically a newb in Episode 1 and the veteran that the newbs (Luke) look up to in A New Hope. He went from impatient and quick to act in episode 1, to patient and way more of a thinker in A New Hope. Of course like the force there a good newbs and bad newbs. The good newbs learn from their mistakes, attempt to learn as much as they can and generally ask more questions and bitch a lot less. The bad newbs...well... let's just say they grow up to be the pissy moany drain whores and DFA spammers we all hate. So don't be insulted if you are called a newb these days, the word has lost its meaning with most people, and only a few recognize what it for what it truly means.

Originally posted by swediot=)

i think noob is used by poepl who dont,t think its a game like they take it seriously they balme it on stuupid things mostly about noob tactics well thatsa stuupid if noob tactics win they cant be noob tactics can they

Yes, must be.

Archived