Home

WAaaahhhH

Teir

Im still in the learning process about Firewalls:D

After i turned on my firewall to active on comp start up my JK2 whould work again ( i find that weird ):confused:

So everything seems to be in order now.

Thankie

nothing to do with firewalls, but I just realized my connection kicks ass

I was just playing with ping 200 and less in a server in the US, with more than 10 people at the same time. I won btw :cool: .

Notice my location on the left, that's why I am amazed with my connection.

Originally posted by digl

nothing to do with firewalls, but I just realized my connection kicks ass

I was just playing with ping 200 and less in a server in the US, with more than 10 people at the same time. I won btw :cool: .

Notice my location on the left, that's why I am amazed with my connection.

True and false . I got ZoneAlarm and i always turn it off when playing JO because it ask me if i want to let this and that go through my Firewall ( im not in safemode ), so i cant alt-tab:p

I did manage to get Zone to accept this and that (Lol) but i truely feel it slows me down abit ingame, not ping but PacketLoss i feel increase. So basicly i just shut it off!!

Originally posted by Vagabond

Hey digl, you'll have to hook up with Wilhuf and I sometime for some JO action. Do you have Roger Wilco? I assume you can speak English as well? That would be coolio :cool:

I can get Roger Wilco and I can speak English, but I doubt my connection will stand it.

We should try anyway! look for me on ICQ to play :)

don't see why you guys even bother with firewalls.

it creates more hassle than anything good in the typical users case. i mean seriously, who is going to come and hack you ? if you've had the internet for a while you'll know what you should/shouldn't download.

firewalls are just like virus protection proggies. resource hog that aint good for much if you know your stuff.

Originally posted by arctic_series

don't see why you guys even bother with firewalls.

it creates more hassle than anything good in the typical users case. i mean seriously, who is going to come and hack you ? if you've had the internet for a while you'll know what you should/shouldn't download.

firewalls are just like virus protection proggies. resource hog that aint good for much if you know your stuff.

Fair enough:D

NewBJedi

What firewall? You can simply add the .exe to the accepted list of programs that have Internet access.

Sometimes that doesn't even work, so shutting down the firewall is a sure fire way to get everything working perfectly.

Archived