Home

Leaning jump?

hydro[/jedi]

Tsk tsk, wrong wrong wrong!

Just strafe or move forwards and backwards and then let go of the movement button and press jump within a half second after letting go. Since you still have momentum you still go in the direction you pressed and it plays the special animation for that type of jump. You do not have to press the button again unless you absolutely want to.

wow, thanks a lot, guys. last question: do you know any good applications for using this? the only thing i see so far (though it is very good) is that you can jump backwards very far (as opposed to only being able to do a backflip). thanks again.

A good application of this would be doing the special jump left or right, and then press attack, while still holding the jump and strafe key. The immedieately left go of strafe and press forward, and you will change directions and do a DFA. The reason it works good with special jump is because you stay relatively close to the ground still. Great for suprise attacks.

Actually it's very nice for landing jumps in a map like Nar Shadda streets, and I don't know if it's my imagination, but it looks like you can actually jump FARTHER with his type of jump. Plus I learned this while figuring out how to do the dfa, but anyway, if you can keep your jumps close to the ground, the sideways jumps allow you to do some MAJOR decapitation dmg. Screw the DFA! With this attack, it's faster, since your using heavy stance when you do this it does UBER dmg, and you can hit a LOAD of people all at once. Hey, here's a thought. Use the wall walk ability to get to a high battle, and the leap off the walls with this attack. They should award you style points for that one!:cool:

The move is pretty but it seems to leave you quite vulnerable as it is slow and makes you a big target. I remember catching someone in a corner doing the leaning jump animation and it seemed like I had an eternity to cut him down before he could even react.

Archived