Home

Disabling the Flechette?

tylerav8r

If you know the bit-character combination of the weapon, then you can disable it. If you don't understand what I'm saying, here's a little explanation:

Let's pretend that weapons are given numbers like this (these aren't the exact numbers, hence pretending):

1 - Stun baton

2 - Lightsaber

4 - Bryar Blaster Pistol

8 - E11-Blaster Rifle

16 - Tenloss DXR-6 Disruptor Rifle

32 - Wookie Bowcaster

64 - Imperial Heavy Repeater

128 - Destructive Electro-Magnetic Pulse 2 Gun

256 - Golan Arms FC1 Flechette Weapon

512 - Merr-Sonn PLX-2M Portable Missile System (PMS? lol!)

1024 - Thermal Detonator

2048 - Trip Mines

4096 - Detonation Packs

8192 - Seeker Drone

16384 - Portable Sentry

32768 - Bacta Container

Okay, now there is a variable called "g_weaponDisable" that we're going to use. Here are some examples:

If you want to disable the flechette gun, you would set g_weaponDisable to 256.

If you want to disable the crossbow and the stun baton, you would set g_weaponDisable to 33 (32 [crossbow] + 1 [stun baton]).

If you want to disable the trip mines, rocket launcher, disruptor rifle, and the pistol, you would set g_weaponDisable to 2580 (2048 + 512 + 16 + 4).

If you want to disable everything except the seeker drone, you would set g_weaponDisable to 57343 (1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + 16 + 32 + 64 + 128 + 256 + 512 + 1024 + 2048 + 4096 + 16384 + 32768 OR 65535 - 8192).

I hope this helps a lot of you. Disabling the heavy repeater and flechette gun *IS* possible, and I'm sick of you idiots saying it's not. ;)

Unfortunately these are not the correct numbers that I have given. I know for a fact that the lightsaber's value is 4 (not 2 as state above), so that throws the whole chart off. I could start up a game and play with the values and reproduce a correct chart, but I'm too lazy at this moment.

Originally posted by Dracofyre

I stand corrected then, but I have yet to see it done. Thanks for the information!:D

See, the problem is that these things are not documented. Therefore, only the truely elite server ops (like me) would be able to actually use these things.

You are also able to disable certain force powers (like grip and drain), but do you see that happening on servers? No. 99% of server-admins are not competant enough to do such things.

On my personal server I have heavy repeater and flechette disabled. When I load duel maps, I disable drain and heal.

Sometimes I make it "fun time" where I will disable everything except a certain weapon, just to play around.

Archived