Home

what's up with Grip

valor23

I think the power I'm talking about is called grip. It's the thing where their hand turns red, and they move me around like a puppet while sucking half my health. WTF is up with this power, and how do you use it?

When i configure my player to use grip, noting really happens. I've never been able to move anyone up in the air? Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I wana be a uber too......

Actually, of all the force powers, Grip is by far the hardest to actually use. It has a space limit, and also does not have a cone range like push/pull does. You have to be right on target to initiate a grip. Also, things like drain and lightning have a visible area of effect, unlike Grip.

I can understand his problems getting grip to work.

grip is way easier than mind trick. although the actual activation of the power may be harder, mind trick is a lot more complex :)

but a few things to make sure of. if you're using a key bound to grip, make sure it's bound as "+force_grip". hold down the key when gripping, dont tap it or you'll let go. have a least half your force metre full. if you want to move people around, you need level 3 grip. it can be countered by push, pull and absorb, so make sure you watch out for these, or use them when you're being gripped.

Originally posted by BigMexican

[...] it can be countered by push, pull and absorb[...]

I love it when I grip someone and I get them over a ledge just as they use absorb. It's like they're helping me kill them. ;)

Archived