Home

Heavy Stance

Swingman

Just a point to ponder.

I hear people still complaining about how heavy stance is too powerful or ruins the game

In force enabled games, you have to place extra force points to extra saber styles

Light style costs a certain amount of force points (don't know exact and I know if I say the wrong amounts someone will flame me for it)

Medium style adds more force points to what light style requires

Heavy stance adds even more force points required to get it.

So, having heavy stance requires a lot of allotted force points.

Thus, shouldn't the heavy stance be a lot better then light stance and somewhat better then medium stance

I believe all the stances are pretty well balanced except i think light stance might be a little weaker.

In NF battles this really has no affect since force is obviously not a factor. But if you spend force points on getting heavy stance, it SHOULD be better then the other stances.

My opinion and I know it's not going to agree with all of your opinions. SO DON'T FLAME JUST TO FLAME.

An idea but i know no one will like it

Be able to pick which saber styles you want.

So, you can have medium style without allocating force points to the light saber style, and so on.

Other forces, adding levels makes that force stronger, not so with saber styles, so why is it treated the same?

Sorry, you're right, it's 0, 5, and 8 . That's just makes my original point more correct about how heavy should be better then medium and medium should be better then light. I guess i never noticed it but there are 3 circles

It's all about opportunity cost.

In duels and NF - You have all the saber stances so there is no opporunity cost

In FF - You have to pay for 5 force points for medium and a total of 13 force points for heavy (since you HAVE to buy medium first)

These force points could be used for other force powers instead, making that other force power the opportunity cost of having heavy stance.

How can the saber stances be considered balanced in both duels/nf and in ff.

That was my point. That's why I had the idea of just being able to get the saber stances you want

Say - light stance - pay 2 points, medium pay 4, and heavy pay 6 or something but you don't need to buy light to get medium and you don't need to buy medium to get heavy.

That would cut down on necessary force points to get the saber stance you want but would still require more points to get heavy for those complainers who say it's too good.

Having all 3 would still be a plus cause you could switch between them in combat.

I think the sabers should cost an equal amount a piece, since I own heavys with light and mediums with medium, infact, Heavy is hard to do so it should be cheaper then the rest, and once the lightsabre is fixed it will be the cheapest.

I agree but I'm just trying to make it a plausible change.

There would be an unbelievable uprising if they made heavy as cheap or cheaper then the other stances. People are complaining now and heavy costs double the other stances the way it is setup.

I agree though, heavy isn't as easy as complainers make it out to be. sure there are lucky shots but that is said for all stances, light and medium just have a better chance of getting a lucky shot lol.

Archived