Home

DFA bind sussed

seth_lard

DFA I dont think so

I have tried all the suggested binds in this forum and none work I thought this one looked as if it might:

set deathfromabove "echo ^1DeathFromAbove; +attack; -attack; wait; +upmove; +forward; +attack; -upmove; -forward; -attack"

bind x "vstr deathfromabove"

To start a bind the first line of programing has to be;

bind x " blah blah blah"

if i type the ^ thingy it wont let me type a "1" so maybe its just my input is failing or you code is made up?!

I know its kinda cheatin to make a DFA bind but now I am on a mission. The command +upmove or just upmove is a invalid command. I don't know if it varies with UK, USA versions but it does'nt register I even tried jump or +jump and that was unsucessfull as well.

Its hard to string a movement + attack command together too. I can get my character to walk around swinging his saber constantly if I add the -attack it wont walk, lol this is a tough one to suss out, mind you I have had no education in programing.

I have found that you can add values to the forward with +forward 40; -forward; this seems to make my guy walk a few paces and then stop. I just gotta combine it with an attack stroke + jump.

HELP PLZ !!!!!

:confused::mad:

I'm glad that you're trying, and I could end your misery right here... but I believe that you should work for something as cheap as a DFA key bind and not have it handed to you.

Here's a couple hints that will help you along the way (although I could just spell out the correct bind :p ):

(1) The command is +/-moveup... not upmove

(2) The pause you're looking for can be achieved with wait # [where # = amount of ticks to wait]

(3) Most + commands will - by themselves after completion of DFA. Meaning you don't have to add those useless -moveup -forward -attack commands (most of the time).

(4) DFA starts under 3 variable attack swings. Each swing has it's own delay. You will have a very hard time making a single bind that executes DFA perfectly everytime. (I myself have 3 binds, each one cycling to the next allowing me to execute a DFA 11 out of 12 times.)

I hope these hints help. I know you all are frustrated, but trust me when I say that it is very possible to create a bind for this.

Also you might want to start making binds to execute combo's... I have about 4 real nice combo's bound to keys.

Cheers for the tips lost me with the variables though !

I know of the 3 dif swings but how you know which swing is gonna go next and how you know what bind key you gotta hit? lol sounds like pot luck to me. If I suss it I'll do a post to say I have till then thanks bud may the force be with you ( lol how sad is that?)

if you have to have a bind to perform DFA, then i don't think you should be playing the damn game..

seriously.. :p

and DFA can be started from ANY swing.. including swings of other stances, hell.. i initiate most of mine from a quick tap jumpback + attack (usually from heavy, sometimes from medium stance (need to swing late in the jump for medium stance), then change quickly)

good way to confuse idiots.. they come at you expecting you to stand there and swing to start the DFA.. you toy with em a bit, then they come at you while you are jumping backwards 3 times or so and on the 3rd jump, swing, then DFA the moment you land..

gets em 99% of the time

I found this great new bind/script, but its way too long to put here. Luckily its part of the Q3 engine itself, and anyone can use it.

Basically, you can press one button, and win every game! It even improves gameplay for everyone else!!!

WooHOO! Sound like fun to you? There is no skill required. You can even tell all your friends that you won every match you played!

I cant believe it was so simple. It was staring me right in the face. The button is right there on your PC!

Its called the power button.

Get the hell outta the way!!! DFA isnt that big of a deal really... I wish you all would just stfu about it already.. Find a new move.. that one sucks.. only works on n00bs an ppl not lookin....

Thats realy true. But still working sometime.

Well not many excape my tripple attack move from my Heavy Style :) If you have 100 life 200 shield time i start do it you escape with 25 hp left lol.

bloodrayne_031802_299.jpg

"The blood on my hands is merely proof of my ambition"

No thats right, I said just get the hell outta the way ... this move is so easy to avoid I dont know what all your problems is ... Its your gettin hit in the back ... Or your tryin to fight it head on.. JUST GET OUTTA THE WAY!!! I NEVER GET HIT BY THAT!!!

I'm talking mainly in melee confrontations.

I can avoid it just fine if I know it's coming, but when I'm battling it out with two other guys I never expect all three of us to suddenly blow up.

Plus it's stupid to watch. =)

Archived