Home

In regards to JO complaints... (Patch, etc.)

Kyp The Faith

In regards to ongoing JO complaints:

Hey, c'mon now...why are you still debating this? After reading the various posts regarding a patch (or lack of one) for JO, I was quite disgusted. Most of you are long time posters, and you should all know better. Personally I think this particular thread should have been stopped in it's tracks after the original post.

Earlier this month when JKII was released, there was no end of praise on Raven's behalf. Now, after only a month into release, there seems to be a considerably larger amount of criticizm from respectable fans...what's the deal with that?

I don't mean this to be offensive, but quit while your ahead peeps...you love the game, but there are a few flaws that obviously need to be addressed. These bugs are NOT being ignored. Regardless of LEC's obvious history of limited involvement with it's fans (and I really don't know why they are like this, they just seem to handle this aspect with difficulty), LEC hired a team (Raven) which has clearly proven to be one of the most effective and community-involved gaming companies to date.

Unfortunately it seems to be a common occurance and problem with gaming fans, and though I'm not out to attack the entire gaming community, I am just a little annoyed that fan complaining is happening so quickly with this title. I too have had some dissapointments to deal with, but they are few, and my small list is easily outdone by the good stuff. The single player experience was delightful, but I'm still unhappy with certain aspects of the multiplayer game.

However, if you read review like I do, you know that this game has recieved more high praise then I have seen in a very long time, and over 90% of reviews give Jedi Outcast at least an 8 or 9 out of 10 score.

To cut to the point, Raven HAS in fact went the extra mile, and then some for Jedi Outcast fans. They have made an EXCELLENT Star Wars title, and this is something that has been a long time in coming, and I for one, would appreciate...but more importantly, I know that Raven would appreciate, if you would give them some much-earned patience, and the respect they are entitled to for their great effort, which is light years more then anything any of you could possibly achieve.

If you are such dedicated gaming fans, perhaps you have dreamed about becoming a game developer yourselves in the forseeable future. If you can look at it from that standpoint, then take a moment to reflect on the amount of effort involved in the development of games like JKII. It can be a huge workload for a dev team, and I'm sure they wouldn't mind, at the very least, more 'productive' criticizm as opposed to your unappreciative "so what's the big delay", "your not making us happy" and "gimme, gimme, gimme" comments.

That's all I have to say about that. Thanks.

Kyp.

I suspect that what happens is that people get beaten by a strategy that they have a hard time adapting to. Suddenly this strategy becomes 'gay' or 'lame' or a 'n00b' tactic. People got tired of whining to each other about it so now they want to whine at Raven about it...meanwhile Raven is doing the samrt time and taking a little time with the patch, presumably to see what issues the fans find, and also to make sure they get it right. Good for them!!

Originally posted by Zante

Society evolves on complaint you morons

here we have the voice of reason...:rolleyes:

if this was the chat room about 58 large fish would be swinging at your head....

why was this comment nesasary? if you were going for the sarcastic, you missed.:cool: anyway thats also why the smileys are here.:D:p:cool::rolleyes: remember these guys???:rolleyes:

edit: /rimshot FB ;)

No, society evolves on constructive criticism and by people listening to said criticism and thus start working on a way to fix the problems rather than sit back and complain all day long in which case they will be ignored as noone likes a sore looser. Democracy only works if you participate in solving the problems (e.g. voting etc.) and you would be surprised how far politeness can take you when it comes to getting your oppinions heard.

Anyway I couldn't agree more with you Kyp The Faith and I would much rather wait a little longer for a thorough patch than getting a rushed job that might introduce more problems than it actually fixes.

So far Raven have done a superb job with JO and I have absolute faith that they will continue the trend.

I just hope that they realize that not all of us are ungrateful little buggers and that there are a lot of us who really appriciate what they have achieved :D

[edit] oh shoot, you beat me to it SPY_jmr1 :) [/edit]

No society does NOT EVOLVE on constructive criticism.

-it evolves on complaint + action

Constructive criticism never made anyone take anything seriously.

You must think that the majority of people in the world have a brain or something...

When people say petrol prices are too high is anything done?

Is that a complaint or constructive criticism?

It's a direct statement and when no one listens it becomes action in the form of strikes and mobs.

The extremes are what make people take notice, action after complaint and complaint after constructive criticism.

The real changes/evolution in any society are a result of complaints and actions. You think slavery was banned with the aid of constructive criticism?

No major changes have ever come from constructive criticism

-End

Constructive criticism + action are 2 totally different things, they wouldn't go together in the same jigsaw if you hit it with a 200kg hammer.

You would never find constructive criticism and action in the same equation and expect a meaningful answer.

But anyway...

Constructive Criticism + action = 2 factions of people which are totally incompatible. One group feels strongly about a subject and will do what is necessary to succeed, the other will utter a few words and walk away. CC will always boil down to complaint and action, always.

CC is just a first stage, first stage does nothing but go to stage 2. Stage 3 is action but can action be taken over forums, no.

-End :guard:

Why's that?

If you were as experienced as I was you'd know that ignorance reigns supreme in many communities.

Edit: I just saw that you come from Portugal, surely you understand what I'm saying?

Archived