BoBa feTTichiNi

Keep *HEAVY STANCE* the same?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Keep *HEAVY STANCE* the same?

• keep the same
    • I dont care
    • change it
    • I LIKE MONKEYS!!!

I'm sorry, but you people act like it's impossible to counter DFA, or even to have fun against a DFA spammer.

I myself have fun countering it; all the methods have been covered in this forum before.

****e, even the 'saber in the ground' can become a detriment to the person using it, if you know what you want to do and how to do it.

I've only recently started using Red; I've found that it's helped me get to the next level, in conjunction with Yellow. It's also helped me to UNDERSTAND the inherent weaknesses that Red has, and how to exploit them. Again, the topic's been done before. I feel that people need to spend a bit more time using Red, to learn it, instead of always saying that it should be changed.

My feeling is, if they just change the 'area effect' at the end of the DFA animation, then it's good. If they reduce the hit damage, it's not good. I think I'm one of the few who agrees with the extended range that the side swipes have; without it, Red is toast.

I also feel that Blue should NOT be made stonger. It takes an incredible amount of practice, skill, and patience to use that stance right; otherwise, we'll just have people spinning round and round hoping for a lucky hit. Like they do now...hehe.

Yellow is fine as it is. Nuff said there.

All it takes is tactics, and understanding what you need to do. I appologize in advance if anyone feels that I'm out of line for saying so....

Tek.

I dont mind the DFA attack, it is a hard move (but for some reason i can see people do it non stop and hit 50 in 5 mins).

But what really gets me is right after the move is done, and you think 'yea i dodged it i'm a hero! time to die u super combo freak' he'll instantly either 1. push you back, 2. kick-flip you, or 3. move.

I think a good idea is that it should have a draw time after the move is executed, like 1-2 seconds.

A good thing to look at is what a guy posted before on Street Fighter 2, Ken does his Dragon punch (forward, down, down-forward + P), you dodge it, you do whatever you want to him (wiggle joystick mash buttons).

Thats my idea..

plz dont flame me...

please..

*pulls out his lightsaber* (no not that one!)

Well guys the patch is now out, this is what they have done to the Heavy stance DFA attack.

They made it so once executed you cant rotate the character and 'home in' on them, thus meaning once executed you will head that way.

Also i dunno if it is just me, but it's even MORE harder to execute it?? i dunno i neer was good at it :)

DFA is like a cheap exploit pre-patch. I'm glad they fixed it the way they did. Even though I was able to dodge this attack when getting spammed, once in a while I'd get smoked. After dodging the attack 4 or more times, and then dying from it....well, it causes a lot of aggrivation. Who in their right mind would want to fight a match like this? Yes this is just a game, but any sense of a real saber battle is lost with the super move spammage. I don't even use the attack when using heavy stance, but wouldn't be ashamed to if it wasn't so exploitable. I'll find out tonight when I try the game with the patch.

I personally use all of the stances, depending on how many times I've already struck my opponent, and on the way they attack. Someone said that people just spin around in yellow or blue stance hoping for a lucky hit? I don't think so. When I attack with a spinning fury, there's no attempt at luck there...I aim with my mouse as best as I can to aim where my opponent is reatreating to, directing my blows for many hits. It's not luck when someone takes a hit because they try to retaliate or jump away from my furious attack. I mean, if I don't hit in 5 or 6 swings, I back off and wait to time another strike, perhaps with another stance to throw them off. More times than not, I lose using this sort of attack against a red stance user who times a great swipe through my open body. This is a noble win, and a very good use of the heavy stance. DFA had to be fixed or removed, it was the unfun factor.

Archived