Keep *HEAVY STANCE* the same?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Keep *HEAVY STANCE* the same?

• keep the same
    • I dont care
    • change it
    • I LIKE MONKEYS!!!

NOOOO

Why tweak the heavy stance in the new patch and make the DFA not reusable. My advice dont make the medium and light stance suck so much. Even though the strong stance delivers long and powerful swings that will bring you down to 25 with one hit. It still gives that person that got owned by your swing to heal protect run away. One of the only good things going for Heavy Stance is DFA. Dont screw it up make the light stance better more faster and more lunge moves. Make medium better give medium its own finisher. Why make stuff crappy when you can make it better.:fett:

Maybe because as is a misplaced jab, or a bit of lag can cause some one to die in one hit... the idea is to keep these down, though I will admit that it seems that fluke moves are a starwars crux (you really think that Obi was as good a sword fighter as Maul?).

Well I don't mind DFA since its so easy to dodge but I do think it makes for a boring fight. How often in the movies did the two jedis just jump at each other in a slow overhand swing? Over and over again. They didn't, its not saber combat.

Another thing I dislike is the fact that its leathal in the recovery time, same with the medium jump attack. They should not be leathal (or as leathal) in the recovery time considering its just a saber siting on the ground.

I think tweaking heavy stance was one of the best things they could do for this game. IMO anyone who says the balance is fine and that heavy doesn't have a huge advantage is a strict heavy user. Hopefully along with tweaking heavy they will do some work on force, namely drain. Leaving heavy with its current power, but slowing its recovery time especially in DFA, and some serious DFA hit box tweaks it will become a much more fun game. Now all they have to do is send out 64mb vid cards to the players so I can run this game above 30 FPS : )

I think making it where the collision detection is better and you dont kill your self on sabers that are in the ground would be all Id like to see tweaked. Otherwise I think heavy/strong is alright, even though I dont like fighting it, and wont use it. I guess I just like my fights to be more than 1 -2 hits.

Why cant they just make medium and light stance better why mess with a good thing? Tons of people no how to counter with it and when people spam the move i own them with ease. Why not make a move on heavy, medium, and light that can easily counter it? why not make medium and light even out to heavy instead of messing up good conents of the saber system. wth is raven doing when you got to much bannanas in a bananna split then dont take out the bannanas just add more ice cream.:fett:

The heavy stance isn't so much the problem as it is all the people. Maybe if they could just make the saber combat in MP like the saber combat in SP then everything would be fine. Unfortunately with the...interesting collision detection in MP all people ever use is heavy. This is where the patch would come in. If they fix the combat itself and not the stances, then life would be peachy. I will say though that the stances could also stand to gain a few more moves, but with all the talk of nerfing things, all I'm getting are flashbacks of Diablo 2 when they nerfed Corpse Explosion, Whirlwind, etc. Please say it isn't so Raven! Don't nerf anything!

i sought of doubt that but i think that the other should be stronger because as has been siad before in the movies there are no slow wings at all everything is just fast swing swing block block and any hit finishes in the oponent i think they should increase blocking ability and increase dmg for fast swing but u know i may be wrong

Its just sad if you ask me that most of the so called 'l33t' players use heavy and think it is somehow enjoyable to play/watch 1-2 hit jumping/spam matches.

I don't mind the DFA but fix the hit boxes and increase the ability to block it. ie. while standing still or something like that.

I voted I dont care, because i Mastered Medium w/ Strong Stance combo......

And if YOU got a hard time slaying of a DFA spamming hoe, tis is a tip :

He/She do the DFA when the person Force Pull w/ Jump (swift kick) the person will most likely fall over, use Heavy stance to drop him/her down or if you like Medium better use that:D

Just a note, dont force pull RIGHT as he lands, that will only hurt one self, heh, count half a sec. Thats how i spank one who repeatly use DFA move and it works!:saberr:

Its a easy move once you learned, no question there.. But making it the only move you do is just - >:newbie:

:lsduel:

Instead of "toning it down" why not make it more realistic as in:

1: Once the Saber hits the ground it can still kill you ie the embedded sabre somehow creates a death zone around the person -->makes no sense

2: Instead of being unstoppable why not make it blockable if using Strong stance

It reminds me of the old arcade games like SF 2 or Mortal combat....everything was blockable if you had enough health ie Kens super uppercut, if ya didn't block it you ate the big one, if you did, you took some damage....seems more appropriate than simply unblockable. Yes Im aware you can use push, but thats not the case in non force duels. And yes, I move out of the way as well. Just my 2 cents

well i think that before we start arguing about it we should just see what they are going to do because it might not be all bad i mean none of as accually know excately what theyre going to do right so we should just wait i think and keep:slsaber: and maybe do a litle:elephant: or something

Originally posted by solodad

2: Instead of being unstoppable why not make it blockable if using Strong stance

hrm, since strong is supposed to be the worst blocker, shouldn't it be light that blocks it well, and medium still block it, but not quite as well?

Honestly, I don't care one way or the other. If they pump up Light and Medium to be better than Strong style then I'll just start using them instead. It's no big deal, really. Those that want to win consistently will just dissect the new attacks and determine the most effective tactics--the same as we did for the initial release.

The only thing I don't want to happen is for them to cause more problems than they fix. Simply nerfing Strong to say, do only 90 damage rather than 100, would only serve to empower Heal and Drain tactics while not addressing problems like the rediculously large DFA hitbox.

More simply put: I want the range of effective strategies widened not narrowed.

Here is an Idea and thoose of you who have play Jedi Power battles this will be simmalar...

Every time you Block Your "Block meter" Goes down..

This means you can block DFA when at full

Take Partial Damage when halfway

And it works like before When empty

You regain your Block Power when you Arnt Attack or blocking

And You regain faster when standing still

Originally posted by Waspie

Or we could :charric: a :3headed: and :rhett: a :newbie: or some other combination of smilies.

yes lets do that ok meet me some where and well go look for the:3headed: i know ill use my trusty:monkey4: hell surely find him and then ill distract him with my:ion: and u get him with ur:charric: well that settles that

Hi

They haven't even changed that, but some ppl already whine about changes they dont even know. :lol::lol::lol:

I have no problem with dfa, but i seriously hate ppl, who spam with it. And sure, it should do the usual "stepped into his blade" 5 hp damage, when stepping onto it during the endphase of the animation instead of doing full damage.

I really hope, the guys at raven will find the right way to fix this, and the other issues too. DFA should be a "finishing move" one that could kill ur opponent fast, WHEN u are in the right position, but currently it is the ultimate move. Spamming it means a win 90% of the time, coz even the smallest lag or failure to evade leads to instant death.

So please dont tell me that its ok how it is.

I like this game because of the saber fights, now when everyone just jumps and jumps, and even the smallest touch of the saber kills me, thats not much fun, and i dont even like to win this way.

Game balance is a serious issue, and thats why a game need excessive playtesting before release. An open beta could really be a standard for every game, so we would have to suffer less from improper balance, discovered only after release.

Eh... that has nothing to do with the topic

Summary: they balance out mp, and i'll be a happy man, at least happy with this game ;)

CsEBaL

---- edit ----

corrections

Archived