Home

I do not say much usually

Hawk3y3Pierce

I have noted plans for an upcoming patch from various sources and I am delighted.

My question to you all is: What do you expect to be solved with this patch? (In other words, what needs to be fixed from your perspective?)

My real problems with this game seem to be mainly graphical, as I assume that is the case around the table. Load times are fine as long as I run 800*600, but I want to run 1024*768 (card is nvidia GeForce2 MX/MX 400 w/64 with recomended 3.11 drivers) and I do not want to wait 4 minutes for graphics to render.

There is also the MP level switch bug, mainly in CTF/Y and FFA. I have never had it while in Holocron so it appears to be something related to these modes I am guessing.

Only one more thing... a new MP mappack would be in order. A few new official maps while the mappers have time to make use of the tools.

Hawkeye :lsduel:

Nothing would make me happier than being able to use an official Darth Vader model, even if everyone else used it. I don't give a damn about single player characters related to the story line.

It would be nice to see some more models though I don't believe I've seen any official comments regarding the "problem".

-End :guard:

i use a Geforce2 MX 400 with the 23.32 driver and they work fine above 800x600, heck my performance is great, loadtimes aren't bad as long as i keep shadows off :p

and aren't the 23.11 drivers none WHQL certified anyways?

bah

what i want is an expansion pack that adds alot and a few Movie scenes :)

Originally posted by Xenoeye

take down the texture detail to increase load times.

There are a lot of factors which affect the load times.

A GF2 MX isn't that fantastic these days.

Other big factors are CPU speed and your HD speed.

Yep thanks. It is mainly the card, the cpu and hd do not enter into it. (1.7Intel, 10000rpms 60G WD with ata100 blah blah blah...)

I suppose I could run at 16 bit true enough, but I do not want to. I will update the card sometime, it should still suffice for a while though. For now I CAN live with 800*600.

See you all online. I play in Europe.

Hawkeye

Originally posted by Vagabond

Not at all - but if you're truly interested in this topic, you may be interested in reviewing the wealth of information already assembled.

There sure is, especially now since it is out.

I had a bad feeling about this. I hoped that they would not mess with the force powers and the gameplay so much as the real issues for me were BUGS, not gameplay, I though it played just fine. Now we have all this crap about too much drain, lightning, etc etc. All that was not nessessary.

Why only add more Duel levels? The real lack was in CTF or CTY levels. They are SO easy to make. Oh well.

I have not installed the patch yet. I am giving it some time still because of all the hoopla about it.

Thanks again Vagabond!

Tot Ziens!

Hawkeye :lsduel:

Originally posted by Xenoeye

take down the texture detail to increase load times.

There are a lot of factors which affect the load times.

A GF2 MX isn't that fantastic these days.

Other big factors are CPU speed and your HD speed.

Hehe gf2 haha i only have a TNT2 :'( and an AMD 800 but it runs ok for everything i dunknow y, but im sure a geforce 3 ti500 would look better ;)

Archived