Home

New Map: Star Destroyer The HooD

[LoRD]RaoulHooD

Hey [LoRD]RaoulHooD,

I told you that http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com/ would put it up for you. All you had to do was send it to maps@gamingelite.com and they would post it for you and take the screenshots for you also. For any future mappers, send your maps here and they will post them. They did so with your map... Visit the site to see what it looks like at:

http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com/map.php?id=69 .

Can you make it a policy to have the .txt file the same name as the map? Everytime I extract the readme.txt's overwrite each other. I'd like to keep the text files in the directory to read them and stuff.

BTW: Awesome site! =)

very cool map, but some comments and a question.

its very imp, but it did not feel like a star destroyer much to me, 'cept for the tie hanger.

maybe if the lamba shuttle was in a hanger with a door under it like the tie hanger.

the shuttle hanger is forward of the tie hanger, if i remember right. or is behind? who cares:D

also what does the lightsaber do in the one room? does it do something if you dont have points on the saber? or is it for looks?

oh well, cool map. 9.5 kudos:)

ps: what music did you use, its cool.:cool:

edit: forgot to say that this was the largest JKii level sofar... yet no fps hit... very nice:D

now maybe we can link a 'DotF' level past some of those dead doors..... humanahumanahumanahumanahumanahumanahumana:D

j/k;) no, its just nice to know that large levels work.

very cool map, again. keep it up.

Thank you SPY... no the saber does nothing, I just put it there for the hell of it. I actually made this map completely out of my head over a few days, so there isn't much continuity... I thought about the shuttle being a downward door, but I decided it looked better as a wall opening, so I left it....

The music is Metallica doing the Imperial march... I don't remember where I got it from.

There were originally spinning blades under the crosswalks, but the fps went through the roof, so I took them out, and it seems to work like a charm without them....

DannyJAllTheWay, I'm sorry I never replied to you, I thought I did, but I didn't... I took your advice and sent it to them and it appears they have posted it there, thank you for the heads up.

Yes, a good map. "Finally something big enough to move around in." Was my reaction. The flow might be a little bad, but luckily FFA doesn't need good flow. Of course, my gameplay impression is from playing with bots only, so it might be somewhat inaccurate. I also like the way how weapons and ammo is not placed right next to each other.

Thank you all for the great reviews! I am working on a second map, but I have very little time to work on it so it will probably be at least a week before I release it.... if anyone has any ideas about how I can improve on this map, or the next one, please let me know, and thanks again!

:laughing:

Originally posted by [LoRD]RaoulHooD

Thank you all for the great reviews! I am working on a second map, but I have very little time to work on it so it will probably be at least a week before I release it.... if anyone has any ideas about how I can improve on this map, or the next one, please let me know, and thanks again!

:laughing:

Hey can you put in neat gimmicks?

For instance like the trash compactor or something, you can push a button on a console and it sucks a person into space?

Stuff like that is fun.

There is a part where the particle beam is (on the death star map official game map) and it's so fun - people fight to toss each other into the tunnel and push the button.

Stuff like that makes a map really fun. :)

For a first time map it is well done, a note the saber you put in the game messes with Jedi Master if you pick it up you can't pick up the master saber if you kill him might want to take it out if you ever plan to update it.

Also the bots were done quite well they are how ever getting stuck on some conners and doors... BTW, the big door very nice touch.

I look forward to your next map.

Kamikaze Gerbil

of the Clan PPZ.

I like it thou it felt more like curise ship then a star destroyer. All the warships you see have small corrdoirs no windows and stuff jammed everyware. You see curise ship big open spaces, HUGE windows, cat walks that cross one another at diffrent levels. but anyway I like it and it is one of the biggest maps so far VERY GJ keep it up.

Archived