Home

Get rid of the REPEATER!!!

Buckyfg

Originally posted by Demangel

As for the repeater? bah I play on a saber only server... i could care less that it killed this guy ten times... I think servers should have more options for admins to regulate what kind of weapons, kinds of force powers ETC are on thier server... simply commands to remove whatever they want on the fly... like g_remove repeater, or g_setforcepower neutral (all players can only use nuetral force powers, no light or dark side). Basic commands like that...

Actually it is possible to just disable certain weapons. Can't quite do it on the fly... got to change the map for the settings to apply. For example g_weapondisable 640 would disable repeater and flechette weapon. Force powers can also be disabled individually, but the variable is bugged. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next patch.

As for repeater, I think just increasing the ammo consumption for secondary fire would help a lot. Hard to spam if you run out of ammo fast. Another idea would be making push a continuous power: you'll keep pushing (and using up your mana) as long as you keep the button down. This should only affect the weapons fire, pushing people would work as it does now.

You know, the reponse from repeater lovers is never "the counter to the repeater is *X*". It is, "if you don't like the repeater too bad you suck, go get yourself your own repeater".

I guess the feeling of those of us who hate the repeater (specifically its secondary attack) is that, since this is Jedi Knight and not Quake IV, the lightsaber should be the most powerful weapon in the game. Unfortunately, that is not true at this point.

Basically, its this scenario: I have a lightsaber. The other guy has a repeater. Both full heath. Who wins.

What does the lightsaber person do? Pull is very hard to do. Push is even harder. Basically, the lightsaber guy dies.

And for the record, weapon balance discussions happen in EVERY game.

Brian Ellenberger

oh for ye old days when alt fire of the repeater was just more accurate slower firing version of primary fire where the bolts stayed inline with each other, still defelectable.... sigh

oh well, theres still the IDIOTS who insist on shooting primary repeater at someone with a saber - do these people like dying or something?

I don't think it's a problem either. Most people who are online right now don't know you can pull weapons so when you roll towards them and pull it they won't react fast enough. Then they will sit there spinning their mouse wheel through all their weapons trying to find their lightsaber lol

I say get rid of complaining. ; )

oh for ye old days when alt fire of the repeater was just more accurate slower firing version of primary fire where the bolts stayed inline with each other, still defelectable.... sigh

Secondary fire was three bolts instead of one, and it fired a bit slower. Is that what you were talking about? In those days, people complained about everything else. They never stop... either learn the stuff, or just shut up! (in a nice way of course)

I actually find pull to be most effective. I just make sure to use it in a range where it'll work. If someone has a repeater, or even a rocket launcher, I either stay very close, so I can pull, or very far, so I can push.

You guys are so messed, whats up with the insults lol

One simple statement and "noob this loser that " holy crap am I in a forum of 8 year olds?

I can live with it, its just annoying, and I'm still usually place first on the servers. So dont think you all know me from one sentance lol, man grow up.

Archived