Home

Here's my Vader model! (wip)

nls

Originally posted by sirbakk

wow i m working on a vador model too...and i really think you need to optmize your mesh more more more...i built all parts of model and i have 3280 polygones...and i optimized the more more more..(668 polygones)..make the grill with texturemap..other side..good work ;-)

Great looking Vader when do you expect to finish it ( bearing in mind it needs to be animated) ?

Hey, just wanted to stop by and say all these models people are working on (Vader, Boba Fett, etc) look GREAT! We're still working on getting our Tools Release 2 ready, with a good explanation of how to make your own models for us (the surface break-down, caps, tags, bones & point-weighting, naming conventions, exporting and building for JK2...). In the meantime, if you have any questions regarding the custom models you're working on, e-mail me a mgummelt@ravensoft.com and James and I will see what we can do to help...

oops, I actually sent you the wrong one. You have the older one. Its the one you said had a squished head, so i fixed it :)

Well i'm gonna go work on the body now. Thx for the feedback everyone!

nls, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner about the helmet details I mentioned, but it looks like you've gone and done it all anyways :) Looks fantastic, only thing is, someone mentioned that you should model only half the head and mirror the geometry and skin? Only partly right. Yes, the best way to model this kind of stuff is to work only only one half at a time. If you're using Max, I'd suggest copying the half you're working on as an instance, Max will automatically update the otherhalf as you work, and you can get a good idea of what the final mesh will look like. However, when you get around to skining the mask, keep in mind that Vaders' mask is actually NOT symetrical. It's two-tone, gloss-black and dark, dark gunmetal-grey. The right side paint scheme is switched for the left side. Have a look at the helmet diagram here for paint placement: http://www.vadermaker.com/

Go to the helmet section, and you'll find a link to the colour scheme diagram.

Archived