Home

SP Model editing

ReIIiK

How would I go about changing 'Kyle' to a Custom model for singleplayer. For example, the Mods that let you play as Luke, or Desann, But I'd like to use a Custom Skined Galak model.

Thx in advance.

The folder name in the pk3 file for the skin has to be kyle (As in /models/player/kyle). The basic concept is you have to replace the existing model folder. You can change the skin of all kinds of characters by using the same idea (ie, a pk3 file with /models/player/jan)

BradFu!:ewok:

So tell me if I'm on the right track......

I go in a copy the model I want to be Kyle into the player model folder for the SP Kyle, I rename the Custom model to the same thing that the Kyle models were?

Tutorial:

1.)

The player model is defined by the files in "/models/player/kyle", which can be found in the "assets0.pk3".

2.)

To use another skin, just create the following directories:

"Jedi Knight 2/base/models/player/kyle".

3.)

Extract the model you want (for example: "/models/player/stormtrooper") from the assets0.pk3 and place the files into the folder you created in step 2.

Start the game and have fun.

4.)

If the model you want to use has variations (like the reborn guys), you have to change the "model_default.skin" with "model_xxx.skin". These files can be found within the "models/player/reborn" folder.

Thus, if you want to play as a reborn acrobat, just delete the "model_default.skin" and rename the "model_acrobat.skin" to "model_default.skin".

There ya go!

Gidion, a.k.a. Dalboz

Archived