Home

Dedicated Server questions?

ChangKhan

Well, that's one reason I don't do windows. Anyway, I'd be curious to see if using a prior version of the ded server binary would make a difference. I've actually run into a couple of people with the w2k problem just as you describe it. I'm sure the solution is probably simple...but, as I said, I don't do windows. ;) Is there an option to run the app as a service? I think I heard that somewhere before.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My friend has the same problem Z-bomber. He cant find my server in the browser lists, so I gave him my I.P. He then added that to his favorites. However, what appears in it's place isn't my server. It just says my I.P. address for the name and it doesn't say anything for the ping, map, players, server info, ect. Then if he trys to connect he gets stuck on awaiting connection forever. I really want my friend to be able to connect to my server. Also, when I go to join the server it is listed under local, when I dedicate it to the internet. I'm not usin Jedi Runer, or any other program like that. I just make the server normally. How can I fix this all so my friend can join my server?:(

ok i have a serverbeach server, its the same as a rackspace but cheaper, anyway, its not like a game server, so i have to upload all the files i need, now i uploaded the dedicated server program, and i extracted the maps from the pk3 files, and uploaded em, i also uploaded the mpdefault.cfg, now it says 0pk3 files found when i start it, im also using jedi runner, now can you tell me if there is a easier way to do this, i dont want or cant upload a 500mb pk3 file from the game. when i try to start the server the .cfg files load, this is what it says:

C:\JediOutcastDedServer>"jk2Ded.exe" +set com_zoneMegs 16 +set com_hunkMegs 32 +

set com_soundmegs 16 +set vm_game 0 +set dedicated 2 +set net_port 28070 +set ne

t_ip 66.139.78.46 +exec Robob's_[NXTC]_JK2_Ded_Server.cfg

JK2MP: v1.04 win-x86 Jul 3 2002

Initialising zone memory .....

----- FS_Startup -----

Current search path:

C:\JediOutcastDedServer/base

----------------------

0 files in pk3 files

Running in restricted demo mode.

----- FS_Startup -----

Current search path:

C:\JediOutcastDedServer/demo

----------------------

0 files in pk3 files

execing mpdefault.cfg

execing jk2mpserver.cfg

execing jediMaps.cfg

Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok

Could not open string package 'CON_TEXT'

pls tell me what is goin on or just help, EEK, lol ty!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived