Home

New patch is taking quite a while to spread

Ardesco

from server to server. Is there any reason for this? Usually, when a new patch comes out for most fps, I see a whole kaboodle of servers updated in a jiffy. But, unfortunately, all my favorite fragging servers have not updated yet =\. So, I've had to find newer places to frag. Any feedback on this problem?

Many of the newbies don't want to switch to the new patch because they lose. They dont' want to give up their "skill". So we are now stuck with half the servers going one way and half the other. Personally I think they should of forced the patch in a way, or at least made "wrong versions" not show up in the server list.

Many of the newbies don't want to switch to the new patch because they lose.

Judging from the numerous current discussions about the viability of 1.03, Tarus' presupposition that server updates are not forthcoming because the operators are 'newbies that lose' is a little outrageous.

Give it some time, things will work out for better or for worse. But rest assured, the servers will gradually be updated.

Quake servers and other multiplayer games do not have to contend with a patch of this magnitude; Raven has not released a bug fix patch, this is a total overhaul of saber combat.

Analogous to Quake 3 Servers being 'forced' to include a patch that changes Rocket Launcher ammunition into spongy round balls that 'smart' when fired point blank at an opponent.

as a server operator i can tell you my reason for not having a server running the new patch is as Jasco stated.

I couldnt start a server without the dedicated server file because the system doesnt have a proper 3D card

Another point to consider is that quite a few servers are 'rented' from game server companies.

Which means that most server admins who rent don't have sufficient access to apply the patch; it's done by the server provider.....

My clan is waiting for ours to be upgraded....Grrrr.....

Judging from the numerous current discussions about the viability of 1.03, Tarus' presupposition that server updates are not forthcoming because the operators are 'newbies that lose' is a little outrageous.

Im sorry, I had just got done reading some posts where a buncha people were complaining that the new patch is dumb. From their replies it sounds as if their main concern was that they are no longer skilled.

Archived