Home

Jedi vs Merc server UP NOW!!(Dismemberment too!)

Lord Nodata

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Lord Nodata

Ok the server is up and it's patched with 1.04. YOu'lll need 1.04 to play on it now. Also the grapple mod is down till we make the 1.04 changes to it (or ASK does it for us)...cya there!:D

So, you did PATCH the server as well as getting the dedicated server binaries? Cause alot of servers only get the binaries and forget the patch, meaning it still plays like 1.03

Add JarJar! :D

EDIT: I just noticed something. Whenever I tried to join, I got 'Server DIsconnected'. So I enabled downloads, and lo and behold, I was required to download the 1.03aSDK. Shouldn't that have been REMOVED with the advent of 1.04?

Half of the servers aren't patched properly, this server, nobody can connect to this one because they don't think to enable downloads (not that they should have to anyway) and the others are for low pings only. :(

Man...I gotta thank you for putting this server up. I've not had good times like this in a while.

Last night there's me, the Merc, against 1 Sith and 1 Jedi. I pissed off the Sith, so I ran away. In a staircase corridor, I dropped 4 remote mines and prepared to run away so I'd detonate them under my Sith pursuer, until I ran smack into the Jedi. So I retreated across my mines, where I nearly ran straight into the Sith. So we're at a standstill. I'm between a Sith and a Jedi, standing on a pile of mines. That moment was beautiful. :D

Mythren enters the room with a dazed, sort of humble look about him. He sits himself in a corner, takes a drink of the steaming liquid already on the table, and looks directly at you. Immediatly you know that this man knows more than you could possibly imagine (bear with me :D)...

He looks away from you, directly at the creators of this server (hope that wasn't you in the first place...if it was, he keeps on looking right at you) and says in a rugged - yet gentle - tone, "Thank you, you have given my life new meaning."

:D :D :D

I've played Jedi vs Sith vs Merc before...but none so appaling as this server...congratulations.

Some of you already know that the ERU team (of which I am a member) is working on a mod for JediOutcast called Jedifortress. Well...the site for the mod has moved to:

http://www.3dap.com/jediknight/jedifortress

This is GREAT because we're on the gamespy network now, and we'll have the means to distribute the mod quite efficiently. Update your links!:D

hey so let me get this straight... the jedi mod where u get 2 sabres on certain styles and shiznits? that wuld be piMp|n my dogs werd yo in da house PEACE...

*slaps self with burning spatula and burns all facial hare off on purpose to make up for quereness*

so, where were we?

o ya if thats the mods its cool and also am I to understand ( or fail to ) that its just ffa right now with sith vs jedi vs merc? that suxxors

*repeats slap+burn procedure*

that mod on da web of the page looks l337 and i WAAAANNT IT but hey, i gatta wait...

P.S. will the yoda model actualy be hard to hit? imagine how much it would rule 4 yoda and suxxors for everyone else if u could only hit him looking down?

I've been playing JK2 HARD on this server, and if it updates to the JediMod it'll just plain rock!

Quick question though - is there any guestimation (that's right...guestimation ) on when the grappling hook will be back? I don't play a merc (Jedi all the way :) ), but some of the mercs that play there don't read the forums, and asked me to convey they're sorrow at the loss of grapplehookness...

Originally posted by raziel_spawn69

hey so let me get this straight... the jedi mod where u get 2 sabres on certain styles and shiznits?

Yes that mod.

that its just ffa right now with sith vs jedi vs merc? that suxxors

It's on FFA because it's the only mode where you can SIMULATE 3 teams fighting each other.

that mod on da web of the page looks l337 and i WAAAANNT IT but hey, i gatta wait...

P.S. will the yoda model actualy be hard to hit? imagine how much it would rule 4 yoda and suxxors for everyone else if u could only hit him looking down?

Ask this HERE And I'll answer you. :D

Originally posted by mythren

Quick question though - is there any guestimation (that's right...guestimation ) on when the grappling hook will be back? I don't play a merc (Jedi all the way :) ), but some of the mercs that play there don't read the forums, and asked me to convey they're sorrow at the loss of grapplehookness...

Well, since we're implementing the Jedi mod, the grapple will be delayed until we can get the source for the Jedi mod. If we get the source to it, we'll just add the source from the grapple mod to it and biggity bam...:D

raziel, don't worry...nobody on this server really !@#$'s around with the rules, because if they do, we kick them. (I say we as in the players...I've more than once called a vote on a Jedi that was killing other Jedi's and yelling "itz ffa u fag u kill everyone!" and stuff...they got booted :) ). The rules are followed, and it's a ton of a fun (it's JUST like playing with 3 teams...)

Nodata...please - please - please tell me that, along with Sith only using Red Sabers, Sith can only use Double-Bladed sabers (Lightstaves), and that Jedi can only use 2 Sabers :).

Originally posted by mythren

Nodata...please - please - please tell me that, along with Sith only using Red Sabers, Sith can only use Double-Bladed sabers (Lightstaves), and that Jedi can only use 2 Sabers :).

Not yet, but in the Jedi Fortress mod, that WILL be the case.

We could try to enforce it heh...I mean with the JediMod (if, in fact, you're applying it) then anyone with a saber would be able to use double/dual sabers, right? Just ask Sith to only use single or double bladed, and ask Jedi to use only a Single saber or two sabers....

Just an idea...:)

Originally posted by Gandel

amazing , I Just suggested that to him Mythren ;)

*ahems* Woohoo!

BTW: What's the new IP to the server? Nodata states it as being 198.blahblah.125

You (Gandel) state it as 192.blahblah.125

So...confused...hurting...bad....

Archived