Home

Jedi vs Merc server UP NOW!!(Dismemberment too!)

Lord Nodata

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

I have a couple ideas for this game mode, so once we release the MP source code (which shouldn't be too much longer from now), I plan on possibly making a mod that makes team-based jediVmerc games have stricter rules and be a bit more balanced and fun...

Awesome! Can't wait for that source!

P.S.-And if you don't code the jedi limit on teams, we will! ;)

Originally posted by normal

To enforce teams, why not find (or program yourself), an adminbot which will have access to rcon so it can kick users that are on the wrong teams, ect?

to do that, there would have to be a cvar or something that would keep track of who is a jedi and who isn't...and I don't THINK there is one atm...

NICE FREAKIN WORK! Tell me if you get it working!:eek:

So can you set it to say: Nobody on Blue should be using a saber, and nobody on Red should be using a weapon?

Also: See if you can set it so that it will only allow a certain number of Jedi PER TEAM. So maybe we could set the teams so that each TEAM has like 2 jedi, and the rest mercs.

The idea of Jedi vs. Merc is awsome the only prob is that no-one wants to be merc!

I was the only merc, and it was fun to go one on one with jedi the only prob was I had no mercenarys to team up with or learn from so I looked like an idiot to all the jedi running around.

The problem is the Jedi are ready from the time they start, the mercenary on the other hand has nothing except a bryar and his stun batton. They should give him at least the ST rifle if not more, its awsome when you can decide 'which gun should I use to destroy this jedi?' just like the jedi can in reverse with their force powers.

They should rename it to Jedi vs. Bounty Hunter and add a few more weapons and a jetpack or something, I'm thinking about creating a mod for this.

Balance is key for this to work.

Sithcloak

hey... great ideas guys!..... i have some comments

jetpacks MUST be in the mod..... they should NOT have limited fuel but instead they will fire for say 6 seconds then you need to land and wait till fuel is FULL ( not just a little or else the old bunnie tactic will occur ) take a look at the game "giants" to get an idea if you need...

i think the 2-1 ratio of jedi's to mercs is good...

the guy who thought up the base idea is almost dead on what i was thinking ( great minds think alike yet idiots seldom differ ) in that there should be

$h|tloads of bots to simulate the movies..... maybe .2 bots per jedi and .5 bots per merc

is there a possibility of vehicle coding? imagine the scene in ep2 where the yoda patrol shows up and saves the day? imagine that in the game.... yoda + 8 rebels show up in the yoda patrol plane and yoda sticks the bricks on his foot and drives away shooting ( bricks make up for pint-sizedness ) while the rebels go out and act as meat-shields for the jedi's?

Originally posted by defalc

How do i connect using the ip? And what's the server name?

to connect using the IP, just bring down the console (SHIFT+~) and type this:

connect 198.49.215.90

That will connect you if there is a free slot open. And as far as a homepage for the mod we are working on (the ERU's Team). It will be up shortly...patience...:D

Archived