Home

Jedi vs Merc server UP NOW!!(Dismemberment too!)

Lord Nodata

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is there a limit to how many ppl can be one 1 team but using the nifo of how many are in the other team

eg: if there are 7 mercs and 5 jedi no more ppl can join jedi

cos just as teams get balanced everyone seems to flock to jedi

personally i dont mind being mercs, i never usually play with guns but its really tense and u feel good when u take down a jedi or manage to escape from one with ure life

this server is goooood

but u need to change the title from noname to sumthing

telling about red team = jedi and stuff

bye bye

-D'akt

ps. TURN IT ON I NEED MY FIX

going up now...

Also RAVEN (if you're reading this): If it's possible to make an option that one team MUST be mercs and the other MUST be Jedi, that would be kewl. OR what would be better would be to have a cvar that would allow you to limit the jedi per team. That way we could have teams made up of both Jedi and Mercs, but the Jedi are more like guardians for the mercs...much like they were in the films.

ps..the server name has been changed to "Jedi vs Merc 1.03"

Originally posted by Lord Nodata

No problem...when I'm there I try to enforce the jedi = red, merc = blue...thing. But it rarely gets done when I'm not there. I've emailed Raven with a request for something to fix this...maybe they'll respond...:D

I poped onto your server lastnight, and must say it was a blast :)

There was someone there who was Very good at playing the merc, never got near a edge, stayed where the ammo was ect...

One sugestion though for the team setup. Put in the MotD or title or something what team is what.

When I joined up I just took a guess at what side was jedi and what side was merc, luckly I guessed right. But a msg of some sort might help some "Red=Jedi Blue=Merc" for example.

Originally posted by Vanor

I poped onto your server lastnight, and must say it was a blast :)

There was someone there who was Very good at playing the merc, never got near a edge, stayed where the ammo was ect...

One sugestion though for the team setup. Put in the MotD or title or something what team is what.

When I joined up I just took a guess at what side was jedi and what side was merc, luckly I guessed right. But a msg of some sort might help some "Red=Jedi Blue=Merc" for example.

I actually thought of that too, but I don't know the command for server message of the day...do you?

Originally posted by Lord Nodata

I actually thought of that too, but I don't know the command for server message of the day...do you?

No, but I'll see if I can't find out :) I supose there might not be one at all... but I'll see if I can find out anything.

edit:

Try this...

seta g_motd "Teams: Red = Jedi, Blue = Merc, please play accordingly"

Is there a way to modify the server configuration so the blue players (mercenaries) have no choice of saber or force at all?

Oh and I think you should get the vader model on there... it would be nice. AND WAIT FOR THE BOBA AND JANGO models!! The mercs will look insane in those suits. Imagine a jetpack mod aswell that allows you to fly in the jango suit!! *OH GOD*

I just played there, it was pretty fun, but you can see why it's not supported, it's pretty unbalanced and has some flaws.

When I started playing, someone asked why there was a blue guy with a saber, and I showed him that you could be blue and be a jedi. When I showed him this the rest of the players went mad agasint me and tried to kick me. I don't know if the people that was at that moment in the server couldn't read what I was typing, or they were plain stupid.

Anyway, after that it was pretty fun, of course there were some very annoying whiners, but it was a good game. (And considering my ping of 500 I did pretty good :cool:;))

I hope Raven works more on this mode and support it in the next patch.

just played it myself... there definitly needs to be a way to make it so that mercs dont become jedi.

the game i played in half the mercs ran around with force powers and sabers/weapons. i actually had an easier time because all ive ever fought was saber people. this one guy named mr roper who stayed true to his side and was guns only did a number on me many times and we went back and forth the whole time. hats off to him.

I have a couple ideas for this game mode, so once we release the MP source code (which shouldn't be too much longer from now), I plan on possibly making a mod that makes team-based jediVmerc games have stricter rules and be a bit more balanced and fun...

Archived