Home

Jedi vs Merc server UP NOW!!(Dismemberment too!)

Lord Nodata

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by [JHQ]Inty

compared to the advantages jedi have over mercs I don't think the grappling hook is a big deal. Leave it un-nerfed.

So it's alright for Mercs to hook up to otherwise unreachable locations and snipe people, throw explosives etc, where the Jedi have no way of hitting them aside sabre throw? Heck no. Don't nerf it, balance it.

Had fun on the server the other day. I was playing as a Wookie Jedi called Nam-Ze Ulb. Real nice situation on Bespin Streets, where a couple of Mercs grouped on the roof of a building to the left side of the landing Pad, giving all the saber wielders a hard time. I jumped there and pushed them over the edge. :D

I especially like about the server that can do these things that in a saber only server would be considered lame... :D

So great job there, Chaff, keep it up...

Originally posted by defalc

So it's alright for Mercs to hook up to otherwise unreachable locations and snipe people, throw explosives etc, where the Jedi have no way of hitting them aside sabre throw? Heck no. Don't nerf it, balance it.

YES. Jedi have force powers, they can kill mercs with one/two saber strikes, and half of our firepower can be blocked. Besides, there aren't that many levels where mercs can grapple to the point where they are unreachable.

Originally posted by [JHQ]Inty

YES. Jedi have force powers, they can kill mercs with one/two saber strikes, and half of our firepower can be blocked. Besides, there aren't that many levels where mercs can grapple to the point where they are unreachable.

Erm, hello? Bespin Streets, Bespin Exhast shafts, Nar Shadda Streets, Nar Shadda Garbage Compactor, Waring Factions, Episode 1: Duel of the Fates. The mercs can grapple to unreachable places there, and to an extent they can on the Yavin CTF level.

1 or 2 sabre strikes in HEAVY stance. While swining, we get shot, quite simple, and I'ev seen mercs play very effectively using e-11's, which are blockable.

Im with Defalcon on this one. I believe the Grapple should be limited. and thats coming from someone who has been spending the last 2 weeks or so mainly as a Merc.. Lemmi tell you this though , Grapple isnt everything for a merc, anyone who played a Merc before it was added , will tell you , they were still badass. only difference is now they can take 2 Jedi (or 3!) Solo. thats why it needs to be balanced. you think Jedi's and Siths enjoy having to use Saber throw as their main attack? I dont know about you , but I sure as hell dont..

and I can name a TON of unreachable spots they can get up to

Bespin_shafts , (Up above the pipes) Bespin City (hook onto the walls) Nar Shaada streets , (the so called sky) Nar shaada hideout (the roof) Warring factions (omg plenty a places here.) Duel of Fates (wayyyyy up high on the walls) and other places. imo the Grapple hook was ment to allow mercs to get around easier. not to latch onto a wall and sit there and Snipe the hell outta people with a disruptor. :mob::slsaber::saberg::saberb::saberr::ion:

Originally posted by Gandel

IP is in my sig. if you ever want it just check there.

and I believe the server is located on the east coast somewhere. you'll have to ask Chaff as I forget where hes from :) maybe Alabama or something :p

ALABAMA!!??? HELL NO!

I'm from Memphis TN! heh

The server is in Mississippi though.:D

Woohoo! You're gonna have to update the server and the mod, but 1.04 comes out tommorow! :D So you won't need 1.03a

If the grappling mod requires changes due to the patch, I suggest implementing Tchouchky's scaling mod. Thus, when Yoda comes out the server will be ready for it, plus, people can have RGB sabres.

Although you might wanna disable the double bladed lightsabre and the extended length sabres. :)

Archived