Home

Skin, almost finished, FEEDBACK!

Nanodagiardino

I present you Darth Mekanus the Sith Cyborg! hehehe:D :D

I am almost finished with the default skin, only need few brushes here and there then blue and red version and the bot. But before I post it for download(soon) I would like some comments and feedback on the work, and of course what you think of it... is it worth posting??

mekanus.jpg

Thanks all, I really appreciate the comments!

It looks finished but there are really a few places that I am unhappy with. I hate the hood, I started skinning on the reborn skin but now I realize I chose the wrong skin to paint! (Even if it's starting to look good) So maybe I will convert everything on to another model. Dunno yet, maybe I will post this one and then start a new cyborg on another model and end up with a cyborg squad! But without the meshes skinning can be a pain! And it is really a slow...

Time: about 10 days skinning for 1-2-3 hours a day.

BTW: The Xander skin was a test skin I did while finishing darth mekanikus(don't know if I will keep this name :confused: ) to see how the naked arms looked in the game, then I put a few thingies here and there and ended up posting it has the Xander skin... hehehehe :D :D :D

Um, pardon me, being a newbie and everything like I am and all, but can't you 'turn off' the hood? I thought they made it so you can turn off 3D accessories like beards and stuff. Read through the forum threads. Like the one at the top about it.

Not in this case. I looked through the Surfaces for the Reborn, but I couldn't find a head augment. That means if you turn off the hood, it's just a head floating in space. Too bad, too, because if there was an augment for it, you could make a Reborn(Or whatever else) with the hood down, clumped on the shoulders.

Anywho... I like this skin, the abs are very well done. I personally agree with your decision to use a different model for this one, since the reborn seems to get used a lot. Can't wait to see it finished! :)

BradFu!

I had very little time to finish the skin. I hope to send it in this week. I had problems with the skin colours, which looked very good in modview but then sucked int the game. I decided not to make the conversion on to another model because even though I hate the hood, it's a good excuse not to go into too much detail in the head(which is a nasty part)!!! :):):) And then I don't have enough time... heavy exam week.

FOR Perfectsky... Hehehe, don't exagerate!!! Even if I am new, I had the chance to see some of your work, great indeed! Very curious about that Plo Koon!

Here are a few better screenshot for those fo you who asked them! BIG SCREENSHOTS...

screen3.jpg

screen2.jpg

screen1.jpg

The skin is finished..... but

I still have a few problems with the skin colour! Some parts are still way too pale. (In the first draft I could have called him blinding-burn-my-eyes-glowing sith). I tryied to blur a little to darken a little, to decontrast a little to etc a little it still doesn't behave as I would like. I want the skin to look a little zombieish, but not to glow! Anyway... I'm working on a second cyborg (female :):)) and I think I will send MEKANUS tonight or tomorrow(it will then take a few weeks for JKIInet to post it :):):)..... hehehe just joking, they are doing a fantastic job!)...

For the SP version I didn't think about the mouth thing... as a matter of fact, I didn't think people would end up using it in SP... I will try to think of something because there is NOWAY to make the mout not to open (to my knowledge). So I will try to find something that limits the damage in case someone wants to use it in SP.

Archived