Home

What needs to be done to JK2

WD_ToRMeNt

i didnt read lucky's post before, and now that i have i must say that it bothered me. thats a bad bad bad idea.

Torment, i was an ff gunner on oasis in the original jk.

You are right that the game revolved exclusively around item control. the problem is, however, in large ffa servers that are standard in jk2, item control through timing would be nearly impossible.

pulling would only help gunners. having to run up to items botherd me at first to (coming from jk1), but i soon realized that it made the game much more balanced and chalanging.

guns were perfectly fine is 1.02

1. People didn't know how to play back then

2. People are always going to cry about guns because "in theory" they are better (rapid fire, ranged is mostly why).

Speaking of ranged, I really think that saber throw needs some serious tweaking. It sucks! So i guess sabers "can" be ranged but it really isn't worth it.

Dark rage + speed CUMULATIVE was fine. I think the main complaint was that it was really cheap when it came to returning with the flag. First of all using both of these requires A LOT, if not all, of your force power. So evidently the flag wasn't too difficult to reach.

Furthermore there is a server option to disallow use of the force while carrying the flag.

AND why not just play capture the isalimari? I think it's like CTF but not only can you not use the force while you have it; the force can't be used on you as well.

Plus people on this thread seem to keep mentioning saber vrs guns etc seeing as you can only be using 1 at a time. This is true BUT remember both sides can use the force which helps balance out guns and sabers for more overall balance. Force powers more/less effective depending on whether the target has a saber or a gun in hand. IE pull works on guns but not on sabers (at least you can't "pull" the saber) while force powers like push are better against saberists.

I thought sabering was also just fine in 1.02. I suppose a little system tweaking (variables were fine) may have been ok. Saber's were POWERFULL in 1.02 (usually if you had a saber and were up close with a gunner you would surely have them), guns were more powerfull than they are now and BOTH were fine!

The strong force finisher I hardly found to be unbalanced. The only problem with it that I found was that the attack would last too long after it was initiated (the saber would be stuck on the ground sitting there, but it would still be unblockable and kill you in 1 hit).

Backattacks now need not only variable tweaking but also reform. I think they should be used as quick "emergency" attacks. Right now all you need to do is run backwards OR script it so you can spin around and backattack a guy in front of you (don't ask me about this :)). Anyways I think back attacks should go really fast and do very little damage BUT have a kick with pushback. This way people can use backattack to give them time to face their attackers while giving them a little damage. By the time the backattacker turns around the backstabber should be on his feet and a short distance (just beyond saber range).

1.02 had a few BIG problems (drain needed to be slightly weakened, lame hands model etc) whereas 1.03 just sucks and is not without it's BIG problems as well (absorb is friggin retarded, dark force sucks).

Archived