Home

Details for Dismemberment

MatrixCPA

Here's the official word from the Raven mp programmers on how the 2 dismemberment variables work:

g_dismember must be set between 1 and 100 to be enabled on the server (100 is the most frequent, 1 is the least, 0 is off). The client must *also* have dismemberment enabled with the cvar cg_dismember in order to actually *see* the dismemberment.

One thing though, cg_dismember 2 is full dismemberment on the client (with 1, you won't see waist severing or decapitations).

Just thought I'd share. ;)

How does this work if the client does not have it set? What I mean is, is the server things that you got a head shot and took off the head but the client doesn't think so, does the match continue?

Or does the dismemberment only take place when the opponent has "died" (health =0)?

Justin

First, sorry for my english.

Is this works, when I ran game only with bots??? You know, not dedicated serv. I want to play with bots and see dismember. What I should to do ?? Please, write exacly if you know, MatrixCPA...

And another, is this work when I will run local server on my machine on small, 4 users network (and I still can play - you know), and some peple will connect to me. Are they will see dismember when I use your solution above ??? And do I will see it ??? Please answer...

ThanX, I checked, it worked, but.... after a while (2-3 min) server was down with messagne ~ "opStack internal error" ??? That this mean ??? It happend every time when I typed \g_dismember 100 and \cg_dismember 1 (or 2 - no matter). Help...

Yes, I still used 1.02. Now I upgraded to 1.03 and it's works - Big ThanX. But... I don't like this very long time of fighting... It's worse than previous version... Mayby 1.04??? Again ThanX :D - :laughing:

Archived