Home

The backstab/backslash discussion

EekTheKat

I really only use the backstab/slash if my opponent is down (pull, push, kickflip), and mostly cause I think its a damn cool looking move. I generally dont run into crowds of people backwards, although more than once in CTY, I've had the ysalimari and have crushed a mob of attackers with a few wellplaced backslashes. But I dont spam the thing.

ShockV1.89

I used protect all day long.

I turn on rage if i get pulled to the ground and i see the but comming

Then i haul ass away

Pull before being pulled: IE setting traps, Or timing your pull off absorb.

and if u cant figure out how to use absorb to counter it all yer a moron :p

And Yes Heavy stand wide swoop low cut will punch right into em

Originally posted by Lord Sokar

Funny you should mention this. Seeing as the reason we got this PoS patch is from DFA victim whining. If you were constantly killed by a DFA whore then I have no sympathy for you.

The only way to get killed by a DFA whore is to stand your stupid ass in the way of someone doing it without getting the hell out of the way. If you ran into 10 people saber fighting to do your headless chicken swings, then you set yourself up.

So, why did we get this patch?

Rejoice nOObs, this patch is for you.

people really like making assumptions on this board... but since you brought up DFA, my opinion on the backstab is exactly the same as with DFA. if you constantly got killed by it prepatch, then its your own fault for not getting out of the way. personally, i liked when people used to use DFA, it left them wide open for throws, and you could always push them away. so i agree completely, if you constantly got killed by DFA then i have no sympathy for you.

Honestly, I hope they nerf the damage. Yeah, you read that right.

I don't believe there should be any one-hit kill moves in this game, unless all moves are one hit kills. I don't mind if the backstab deals out good strong damage, but it shouldn't kill you instantly.

And I've seen it HEAVILY spammed. Not just the pulling followed by the stab, but people just getting into a crowd and doing the move. They'll kill, like, four people at once, including those in front of them. And this is also part of the problem. The backstab is not JUST a back stab move. It's effect seems to be a full 360 degree instant killing swing. I've seen four guys clustered around one guy, he does the backstab, and ALL four of them drop. I've had it done on me at full health and 100 shields, and I die. That's crap. I mean, come on. If they leave the move as it is, people will DEFINITELY spam it.

And they'll do it especially because there is no drawback to using it currently. I say do a DFA number on these moves. Make the move force you to be stationary (no rotating cameras), make the move deal out less damage, and have the move leave you frozen for a second if you miss, thereby leaving you open to counter attack. And fix the hitbox that is created by this move. It should not kill a person in front of you or to the side. Just the back.

I've got another cheap move. The force power grip. On alot of maps, some players just grab your character, then hurl them off the ledge. Its' cheap and they do that to everyone on the map, and in Duel maps, where the action should be lightsaber based, it becomes annoying, and makes me not even want to play. For the next patch, it would be great if this power is limited. grip is becoming like what the awp is for counterstrike. An annoying n00bie weapon.

Grip with the new patch is pretty drastically toned down. Perhaps to the point of being not quite as useful anymore, even.

You can counter grip by using push or pull on your opponent (push is better), and you can also throw your sabre while being gripped. If you turn on absorb, you'll drop out of the grip too. (just don't turn it on if they've maneuvered you over a pit...heh)

There are counters to grip, so it doesn't seem like much of a problem to me.

Grip is insanely frustrating to play against, mostly cause it feels so cheesy and cheap. Its easy to counter, though, just a quick tap on the absorb button. It's even better when you let them keep trying to grip you and they keep filling your force, when its all they know how to do.

ShockV1.89

Originally posted by zufuss

Oh and btw YOU CAN GET HIT with the Light stance backstab while standing in front of somone and i have died from this.

And no he didnt twirld around the bounding box on the backstab is wack now in 1.03 so if you touching him you still get hit.

Thank you for confirming this. I'm sure it's a bug, but it isn't very comforting knowing that the new DFA also has a bug to go with it.

Archived