Home

Isnt the DEMO a bit deceptive?

Halowse

There are reflective surfaces in the DEMO, (and in the LucasArts screenshots), but there are none in the real game.

There are TONS of things that blow up or can be cut with your lightsabre in the DEMO, but almost none in the real game.

There are PATROLLING stormtroopers in the DEMO, but they almost always are just standing around in the real game.

There are no illogical jumping puzzles in the DEMO, but they are featured heavily in the real game.

What is the deal?

Isn't this an old level that they showed at E3? if so then obviously they decided to change a bunch of things, for better or for worse i dunno. I can sorta understand why they left out the reflective surfaces cause that REALLY bogs down the framerate, i could only imagine how bad it would get if you had to fight 20 stormtroopers in a reflective room. Although i still think they could have worked it into the game in a few spots just for show, oh well.

well heck.....isn't there a reflective floor in the new patch...i played the one map were you are in a bay with a bunch of boxes and the floor was done very good. so now i would assume that if it is in a new map, that you could use same floor for making otheres....

Just finished the demo.

Short level, but sweet. The duel at the end was a nostalgic treat -- I'd forgotten how much I'd enjoyed SP saber battles (which still feels a bit more finessed than the post-patch MP stuff, but that's for another thread). It's silly, but that reflective floor really makes for some pretty fighting.

When it was over, I figured I'd keep playing the room with the standard npc spawn commands. Try them -- they're fairly funny. Spawning Tavion launches what appears to be the Tavion AI (red saber included) but in a stormtrooper model/skin. Pretty funny seeing "Hey! You there!" doing the butterfly/cartwheel.

Originally posted by Scarlet Widow

Deetox187, i'd like to know where everyone else is getting it from...wouldn't it be on a LucasArts server? i don't really have the nerve to test it as it could very well be a virus....

Well i got it from that link and it's the demo, just played through it. I wouldn't have posted a link to a virus, but even if it was what are you worried about? don't you have an antivirus program? if you do then theres no need to be so paranoid.

On the topic of the lack of reflective surface in the game: IIRC I heard a Raven fellah saying it was one of those eye candy things that caused a huge performance drop, that's possibly why we see it in a smaller duel level only.

Oh yeah and there is such a thing as never bieng too paranoid on the unfriendly ol' Internet. :)

There are plenty stormies patrolling. There are also many guarding things.

There are plenty breakable things -wave your saber around a bit next time. (Saber throw goes through some things you usually couldn't standing. Try pulling glass.)

Reflective surfaces... Yeah, there is about 1 in the whole game. Unfortunate, as my computer can handle things like that now...:(

Originally posted by Zindell

haha the demo even explains why the stormtroopers can't hit anything.

Like the 1st bit of cairn bay, the stormie pair patrolling says that they will receive new weapons, and their happy because theirs are rather unreliable.

Also another conversation goes somewhere along the lines of "my blasters rubbish it won't hit anything" "you're just crap".;)

Originally posted by Scarlet Widow

Deetox187, i'd like to know where everyone else is getting it from...wouldn't it be on a LucasArts server? i don't really have the nerve to test it as it could very well be a virus....

I downloaded it from an email sent by lucasarts it uses the GIGEX download. I use Nortons anti-virus which scans the file while downloading and I also scanned the finished file not a trace of a virus just make sure you download it from either lucasarts or anyone of the servers they recommend. If you use a P2P application (morpheus or Kazaa) then you might have to worry since you don't know who your getting that file from but again if you have an Anti-virus program with an updated definition file you should not have to worry.

Um, spiloers

.Um, idiots, have you played the single player game to the end. Remember the last level when you go into that hallway and there is a mirror there? Desan appears behind you and taunts you?!?! Ring a bell to anyone?!?!?

Originally posted by Leagle

Like the 1st bit of cairn bay, the stormie pair patrolling says that they will receive new weapons, and their happy because theirs are rather unreliable.

Also another conversation goes somewhere along the lines of "my blasters rubbish it won't hit anything" "you're just crap".;)

I totally love that conversation! "hey we're getting some new blasters!"

"What for?"

"What are you kiddin' me you can't hit anything with these, look the shots just go everywhere!"

Ah it's all gold, the stormtrooper conversations in this game are awesome

Archived