YES! HAHA! It's cxoming for PS2!

Guest Saesee Tom

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dave Maul

Calm down Tom...

I looked all over that site, and all I found was this:

Announced at last year's E3 as a surprise title for the PC, LucasArts' Star Wars: Obi Wan brings with it the promise of the fantastic Jedi Knight, only on more powerful systems and with newer, better features. Even more intriguing is the game's elusive nature. Few PC journalists have seen the game, which was originally due in late fall 1999 or early winter 2000.

Making things murkier is George Lucas' new obsession. It's clear that Lucas's recent focus has been on PlayStation2. Showing up in public meetings with Sony's president and stating his fascination with the powerful PS2 has been more than enough evidence for any thinking person to see where his latest and greatest games are going to end up. Obi Wan, originally scheduled for PC, is certainly in a transition period and we think its time has come for PS2.

After all the PS2 is a great first-person perspective system. It's not lost on anyone who's played PlayStation games before. Compared to the PS2, the PlayStation was practically a vacuum of first-person shooters. The system's lack of a floating-point processor and its minimal amount of RAM created an environment extremely difficult on which to create fast-moving, Quake-style games.

While LucasArts hasn't announced its intentions with this prospect, LucasArts is looking into other platforms for this one, and PS2, along with the X Box and the DreamCast is certainly a candidate.

Nothing is for certain, but we're hopeful. This year at E3 Obi Wan will become playable for the first time on PC, and we will be there to play it. Keep an eye out for this potentially killer PS2 game.

That was posted in May. Nothing concrete as of yet.

------------------

Banner.jpg

Guest Darth_Simpson

Tom...

Obi-Wan is not currently scheduled for P$2, no matter what IGN says. If it was coming out for P$2, LEC would have told us! IGN is not an official source...

It might be announced later though, but I hope not!

Guest Dave Maul

Yeah, PlayStation 2 doesn't seem to be a very interesting console. As it's already released and millions love it, I think the Dreamcast will be around at least another three years.

------------------

Banner.jpg

Guest Gary The Gungan

Mesa godda agaree wid Davey. Da Dreemcast is a muchen bedder deal.

Obee-One: no nutten been sed it bein on da PlayStation 2. Aneeways, why yousa care? From what yousa posten a whiel back, Tom, you have a bombad PC! Gary? Mesa stucken wit mesa peace of poodoo. Dreemcast Obee-One? Moy, moy!

------------------

gfa_swig211.jpg

Gary The Gungan

Guest Saesee Tom

Thanks Gary. You're right about the 'bombad PC' thing... but I have just had an update that the PS2 will have internet capabilities in about 3 months time. I don't hate the DC that much, I like the concept of it I have decided to go for the PS2. Why? Because I think it will be very popular in the future.

------------------

seaseetom.gif

Visit Saesee Tom and YLH's General Discussion Forum!

Guest Darth_Simpson

You're letting cheaper prices and more games get the best of you!

What's wrong with cheaper? What's wrong with more and better games?

Guest Dave Maul

: rolleyes : is a term for being sarcastic. I was simply pointing put that the games are better and cheaper. I was making fun of the fact that you are still so persistant about the PS2, even though the hype is BS and the games are worthy of much better. If you did not see the sarcasm in such a remark, then fine. I'll take my humour elsewhere. (NOTE TO ALL: I am being sarcastic)

In short, Sega: Good. Sony: Bad. Thank you for your time.

------------------

Banner.jpg

Guest Saesee Tom

FOR GOD SAKE!

1. I know what rolleyes means!

2. Don't hate Sony just because Munch isn't

there anymore!

3. I like the PS2 because it has

interesting games now and there will be

thousands more interesting games in July!

4. I don't want a blOOdy Dreamcast!

Besides, I'M NOT GETTING ANOTHER CONSOLE

JUST TO PASS THE TIME!

5. Why is this elevating into a huge-scale

argument?!?!?

------------------

seaseetom.gif

Visit Saesee Tom and YLH's General Discussion Forum!

Guest Darth_Simpson

You asked for my opinion, I gave you mine. No need to get agitated!

Have fun with your P$2, I'll have fun with my DC! End of argument!

Archived