Home

**Enough of the 1.03 Compalaints!!**

Vorax

I don't understand, all these complaints, in 8 hours of Duel game play with the patch, I have lost a grand total of 9 fights, thats about 120 duels. I am not a god of gaming, but I am doing about the same in score now as I was before the patch. The game is different, but STFW! Just adapt people!!! Use your imagination!! Think outside the box that was 1.02!!

I can't believe how many F*ing flame posts I am seeing??? Were there really that many people who were stuck with such a singular style of play that they can't get out of it and are now pissed at Raven??!!??? My game play now is totally different then it was. As soon as I took my first swing with the saber, I felt the difference and began relearning. Why do so many have trouble doing that here? What's worse, why do they have to rant over and over in this forum about it!

And this crap about duels lasting 20 minutes!!! OMG!!! I don't know how bad you must be to have to go 20 minutes! The longest....repeat...*LONGEST* duel I was in was about 6 minutes. I have no idea what you guys are doing so wrong that it could take that long for duel. Sure it's longer now that red stance doesn't put a quick and dirty end to the duel in seconds, but come on!!

Learn the saber all over again. Then determine your new style. Learn the force all over while you are at it. Drain is weaker, but still works fine if you are careful about it, Health the same thing, just keep an eye on your force power. If those were your staples, they still can be, just get a little more creative with the rest of the force. Absorb, Mind Trick, Lightning, Speed, push, pull, Protect, Grip, Rage...learn them all!! Then forget about 1.02 and pick what you works for 1.03!

I am getting very tired of this 1.03 sucks crap from people that are making comments that in most cases only tell me they don't know what they are talking about and in other cases are just plain old whinning!!

ENOUGH ALREADY...If you don't like the game now and there is no way you can adapt and enjoy, then I am sorry, but all I can say is find another game.

I have found that practice, timing, strategey, style and imagination will get you the win virtually ever time. Keep that in mind with your next duel. Think outside the box!!

FFA and CTF guys (I also am a CTF fanatic)...Do the same. Rethink everything you knew. Pretend this is the first time you played. Remember the first day this game came out? (that was when I bought it) FFA and CTF were a big, disjointed mess of people runing around with no clue as at what they were doing. This is all that is going on now. They will learn, just as they did. Those that keep going in there now will be the masters later. You people comming here to complain would do much better to get on a server and learn, so you can be the masters.

- Vorax

^^^ Don't listen to him! A Skill Whore would say that!

- Evil Twin Vorax

;)

Hmm, i didnt post until now, as i finally see somebody that knows whats hes talking about. all the self-called pros, are whining because they know that they cant be so good any more as they have to relearn everything. and unfortunately for them you HAVE to. sooner or later there will be less and less players on 1.02 and i suggest you arent the last !

I agree, there's too much pissin and moanin about the patch. I guess people just get so set in their ways, with the DFA spammers so upset, the kick whores crying because now they have to double tap the jump key, the people who used Drain like it was going out of style, the alt repeater junkies, and the Grip fanatics, I guess it's just too much to ask for people to learn a little bit of this lovely thing we like to call skill.

The new saber style: it's not better, not worse, just different, and as such will require some getting used to. I laughed when people posted a couple of hours after the patch was released saying how much it destroyed the game...

My only complaint was they didn't fix the running backwards at full speed thing, but hopefully that'll come in the next patch.

Raven, don't let these crybabies get ya down, you did a good job with the patch.

I used to be a little bit of a kick whore. But to be honoest, I totally understand why they did the change. Think about this, if you were able to do the kick in real life, you would have to JUMP TWICE. Once off the ground, the next off the person.

SO IT MAKES SENSE. GET USED TO IT HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

People don't like the changes, because the changes now require a bit more skill. And too many people are used to winning without needing any skill. I personally am happy to learn the new methods. Now I will be forced to learn to play with more thought in my actions, and tactical planning in how to approach a person.

THANK YOU RAVEN! =)

Crybabies? You ignorent pricks. Do you have ANY idea what raven did to guns? They increased ammo consumption in the HR and Golan secondary to 25 each. That is all because of the LOSERS who complained about getting killed by a gunner...on a gun server. Pull your heads out of your asses and take a look around. JO is more than just sabers.

Originally posted by NK_Zephorath

Crybabies? You ignorent pricks. Do you have ANY idea what raven did to guns? They increased ammo consumption in the HR and Golan secondary to 25 each. That is all because of the LOSERS who complained about getting killed by a gunner...on a gun server. Pull your heads out of your asses and take a look around. JO is more than just sabers.

You obviously didn't read the bottom part of my post on FFA and CTF. I bought this game for guns and fell in love with the saber. I use both. Yes they changed the guns, but the same point applies. Relearn, adapt, improve your accuracy. I am a CTF fanatic, and in CTF my main weapon of choice is always a gun. I originally hit the duel servers to learn the saber for when ammo runs out. I suggest you do the same.

The ammo consumption is faster, and the design of the original maps doesn't leave much around. But that just means, use your ammo wisely. Lead your targets, adapt to your ping, learn accuracy over spamage fire ... I come from STV: Elite Force, Quake III and Unreal, so these are standard things to learn in those games. I would recommend you play some Quake 3 Rails only or EF Disintegration, or Unreal Instagib. They are incredible game types to play for those who want to learn to hit with accuracy and not spammage.

Don't count on the alt-fire so much, it burns to much ammo. Instead, focus on main fire with accuracy. Just as I suggested to the duelers, relearn your weapon and tactics, I am suggesting the same to you. BTW: I have never scored below 3rd on a winning or loosing team in CTF, *ever* in this game, before or after the patch. More over, I am usually first place on the winning team. But, I just count that as my experience from the other games I played. That and my fore-thought to learn the saber as well as the guns.

Ignorant? I think not.

- Vorax

Archived