Home

THE PATCH 1.03... Any oppinions on this new patch yet?

NomadWR

I'm moving into the MP area of the game now. And a lot of MP players don't like the patch. They say that it screwed the game up!!!

But keep in mind that a lot the players in MP have not played much of the campaign yet. I have the patch down loaded and stored, but due to the dark marks the patch is getting from the MP players I've (not as of yet) installed it...

One of the MP players installed it, and disliked it so much that he wanted to remove it and go back to original (out of the box) 1.02. But said that he could not get the patch off his machine. He unstalled the game, wiped all files that he found connected to JK2. And reinstalled the game only to find that it was still patched to the 1.03 vertion!

So if those of you that have installed the 1.03 patch, and are still playing campaign, I'd like know what you think of it, and how it has effected the game play in campaign mode?

Thanks, Nomad

:duel:

I installed the patch to find that my favorite MP server didn't use it. So I reinstalled my game and it wiped the patch out of my files. I don't see how the game could stay upgraded if the game is uninstalled and then reinstalled. I haven't actually played with the patch installed but from what I hear I'm not too excited about it. I guess when the servers I play on start using the patch, I will too.:ewok:

There were a few friends of mine that were going to play in their own server last night. The one that was going to host, installed the patch only find that it screwed things up so he removed it too...

~Nomad~

wouldn't it be posible to intall JO twice to two different locations and then install the patch on just one of them? then you could play with or without the patch without having to uninstall the entire game? could this work or am I wrong?

By God you got it Greedo...

Yes you can, if you have partitions up on your HD, or have two seperate HD's in your box... I just happen to have dual HD's. I'll try it and report back on the out come!!!

Good thinking Greedo, indeed a good idea!!!

~Nomad~

I just did it. I now have a copy of JO patched and non patched on my computer. all you have to do is make a copy of the non patched version and move it to another folder. then install the patch. the patch will upgrade the copy of JO in your lucasarts folder and not the one elsewhere. then make two new folders to your lucasarts folder one called "JO patched" and one called "JO non patched" (or wahtever you want to call them). then when you want to play a patched game just move your non patched version into the "JO non patched" folder and cut and paste the patched version from your "JO patched" folder to your lucasarts folder (and the other way around for non patched play). this allows you to play patched and non patched game without uninstalling and reinstalling the entire game. this method is patented so if you want to use it send $50.00 to- haha just kidding, anyone can do this. I hope this helps people who want to upgrade but don't like it that much. and you don't need two hard drives to do it.

Archived