Home

Jedi Outcast making me go blind!

Caster

Yeah... This has sorta been annoying me for a long time now and I'm wondering if its happening to anybody else.

After playing JO for more than 15 minutes, my vision starts blurring, at first, if I just focus on the screen it looks fine, but if I look off the screen and say look at the items on my desk, it's all blurry and I gotta squint to put things into focus.

I've played on my friend's computer and it also gives me the blurryness on his vid card and his monitor. I'm guessing it's because of the lightsaber animations, they are pretty... bright... sorta. It takes longer for the blurriness to start in single player and I'm guessing that's because more people have more lightsabers on screen in multiplayer.

Anyway, the burriness does go away after about fifteen minutes, and from what I can tell, it isn't permament (hopefully). I'm already nearsighted and wear glasses for it. Like I mentioned before, I'm just wondering if anybody else is having the same problem.

-Caster

Originally posted by Caster

Yeah... This has sorta been annoying me for a long time now and I'm wondering if its happening to anybody else.

After playing JO for more than 15 minutes, my vision starts blurring, at first, if I just focus on the screen it looks fine, but if I look off the screen and say look at the items on my desk, it's all blurry and I gotta squint to put things into focus.

I've played on my friend's computer and it also gives me the blurryness on his vid card and his monitor. I'm guessing it's because of the lightsaber animations, they are pretty... bright... sorta. It takes longer for the blurriness to start in single player and I'm guessing that's because more people have more lightsabers on screen in multiplayer.

Anyway, the burriness does go away after about fifteen minutes, and from what I can tell, it isn't permament (hopefully). I'm already nearsighted and wear glasses for it. Like I mentioned before, I'm just wondering if anybody else is having the same problem.

-Caster

No I don't have that problem. The only thing that I do have a problem with, is that when the enemy kills me in a duel (which happenes all the time of course, because I incredibly suck at the game), I go and hit my desk (hey maybe that is why it starts to blur), because I am

a) angry cuz I lost and keep thinking how I could just "make that one move better" or "how could I fall for that"

b) I JUST WANT TO PLAY MORE BUT THE LINE IS HUGE!!!!!

Yeah, my vision gets more blurry too. But that is because of:

1. Large amount of intoxicating substances taken in whilst gaming.

2. Large amount of sparks coming off the sabers in the new patch. If I have the lights in this room switched off with my monitor the flashes light it back up again. Seriously overpowering. I find myself rubbing my eyes every so now and then.

3. Lack of sleep due to playing too much JK2.

4. Being warped out most of the time anyway.

you might wanna go see a doctor, and ask him to check for epilepsy (<---spelt wrong I am sure)

don't want to worry you, but blurred vision even if only for a minute could be a sign of epilepsy, to correct it if it's not bad, you might want to follow the ideas of those above, especialy the refresh rate and things like that... basically anything flashy like a strobe light can bring on an attack... and just because it's mild doesn't mean it's not an attack...

OR perhaps your sitting too close to the screen and simply need a glare reducer?

i know when I used to play Counterstrike for hours on end, I would sometimes feel dizy... that was my cue that my body had had enough of staring at a radioactive monitor with no shielding, and my head 6-12 inches from the screen (I'm nearsighted too).

If it goes away, it could just be a form of motion sickness maybe, but I would sTILL consult a doctor about epilepsy. that would be my first guess... and no just because you have it doesn't mean you can't play Video games... if it was very mild I'd play anyway if I had it... Like the way your sounds.. but I am no expert, at least not on things like epilepsy, so please... if all else fails, Really you SHOULd go see a doctor... ok I said enough... Hope you feel better soon!

Archived