Home

Idea about Saber Locks

AV_JC_Frost

I thought about this last night whilst playing a multiplayer game. I was entangled in a saber lock with my opponent, which, with the new patch, tends to last a bit longer than it used to be. Now here's where my idea comes in. Perhaps during these long locks, the camera angle could pan around the two duelers? To immediately snap back when it breaks, but it could give a cool perspective rather then your back while you are in a saber lock. Is this possible in a future patch? Would it be interesting to anyone? There is, of course, the chance that it would just confuse everyone, but I personally think it would look nice. Any comments? Thoughts? Criticisms?

I think that would be pretty cool. Add a more cinematic feel to the game. Besides, we're not really doing much other than pressing the mouse key.

The worst thing that could happen is if we're distracted and lose concentration.

But like I said before... We're just clicking...

-Caster

I like it. Good idea, you Director you ;) The only thing that would really need to be done, upon creating the rotating camera, is to make it so once it's done, you very quickly return to your normal, pre-set camera angle. (g_thirdpersonrange, etc.)

I like the idea as well. It would make for really nice replays too.

As for adding frames of animation, thats extensive and would take quite a bit of work. I doubt that will ever come about, but it is a nice idea.

:) Id just like to say that we all need to rememeber that Raven bases alot of their future development upon our feedback. We, the players, help Raven and other gaming companies to deliver what we want to see in a great game. Its up to us to voice our opinions an ideas in a positive and constructive manner. :)

Just a thought.

That would be cool to have that. I just was on a server that had dismemberment on and finished off a person using Jan by cutting off her hand to finish the saberlock. Her death animations were great too as she fell to the floor on her knees griping her stump in pain. I wish I was recording a demo then.

Why are the sabrlocks in MP so different from SP? They do look really weird and "robotic", and sometimes, the sabers aren't even touching each other.

Also, the saber marks are differnt in MP. They are not as nicely textured, but are simply an orange line.

Good idea. Anyone know the e-mail to the dev team, or where we send in suggestions? If everyone who posted in here saying it was a good idea e-mails in about it, that increases the chances of us getting it. I have no desire for credit, so someone post the e-mail and everyone start e-mailing them about it!

I don't know, a rotating camera could get sort of annoying in a long saberlock. Maybe the camera should adjust itself so that it's directly behind your head, at the regular distance. Then if you were forcing someone down, the camera would rise and pan down at your foe (superiority), and if you were losing, the camera would descend and pan up toward the lock (desperation). Just another idea.

Archived