Home

OBI WAN Cacelled for PC?? Maybe I should ask Lucas Arts for a reimbursement

Guest Brian29

Guest Darth_Simpson

Well, we were all frustrated by the decision to cancel the game over there. We had been following the game closely over the past months! We were the biggest fan-site on the net for Obi...Any wonder we got a little angry?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what you mean, I waz pretty mad myself... Gladly I've found something else to do (been playing JK/MOTS) and well... I'll just wait and see how the whole OB1 thing goes and what's gonna happen. I'm also curious as to what the "unamed" projects are that the Prez of LEC was mentioning.. DF3?

------------------

Master of Puppets, I'm pulling your strings

Twisting your mind, smashing your dreams...

Guest Darth_Simpson

Considering the fact that they can't do Obi-Wan for PC, I highly doubt they will manage to make DF3. You never know though.

Personally I would really like to see Rogue Squadron 2 for PC...

Yeah but Mr. President said they will not neglect the PC and that they believe there still is a future in PC gaming... So I would imagine they would do DF3 for the PC... Of course I recommend not getting your hopes up wink.gif as we ALL know things can change!!!

I enjoyed Rogue Squadron and agreed, RS2 would be kewl for PC (RS... now there's a good example of the console & PC sharing a game!)

------------------

Also, I would just like to correct something: it's not that they CAN'T do Obi-Wan for PC, it's that it would suck as a PC game and it would be better as a console game... It's more clearly explained on that interview from TFN. That's the way I interpreted it anywayz...

------------------

Guest Darth_Simpson

They also said that the game was running beautifully on a 1Ghz machine with a GeForce card, but not on lower specs...They couldn't make a engine that could run on a medium spec machine, so how can they make another engine and hope it will work good? Then they will probably cancel the game once again...

No, I don't think it's a FPS game!

Well if there is a DF3, it most likely will be a FPS... And we know they can make those for the PC (JK/MOTS)... I don't think the reason for OB1 not being for the PC is because it's a FPS... And by the time DF3 comes out, we'll have high end machines by then (lol)...

Although I am not happy that OB1 is not for PC anymore, I think, after reading the TFN interview, that it waz probably a good decision... Like many ppl from other posts have said, it would have made us more pissed if OB1 would have been released and it would have sucked.

The president said the wording of the announcement wasn't clear... It's not that the PC couldn't run it, it's that it would have taken a really boosted one to run it. Also he said the game totally shifted from what it was supposed to be (no more glyph and all)... It's a good interview and it explains a lot...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Jedi SuperBuen (edited December 13, 2000).]

Guest Darth_Simpson

Personally I'm hoping for some sort of flight sim. Rogue Squadron 2 or maybe a new X-Wing game, although I doubt they will do that without Larry Holland, and he's making Star Trek Bridge Commander these days...

Well with the X-Wing Trilogy coming out you get to play some great classic games while you wait for a new flight sim...

Speaking of flight sims, I'm looking to buy a joystick... Any recommendations? Maybe one of those MS ones with Force Feedback?

(kewl I think this post is gonna make this topic flame on the post thingy since it's more than 32 replies!)

------------------

Guest Darth_Simpson

Yup, I'm getting the X-Wing Triology...

Joystick...Personally I hate Force Feedback...Go with Saitek, they usually have ACE joysticks.

Guest Brian29

To answer your question, I am still around and still waiting like the rest of you on Lucas Arts big announcement??

I surely hope that there new announcement is something that most of us are looking forward too.

My hopes is that the new game will be Dark Forces III or at least Outlaws 2. Although, I prefer the latter. I miss killing Stormtroopers!!

I am not getting my hopes up though,

because in all honesty I am losing faith with Lucas Arts big time.

There two new release titles Everquest 3 (Star Wars Galaxies) and Balders Gate 3 (Star Wars ??) are a big disappointment as far as I am concerned. I didn't like Everquest due to the fact that it costs money to play, and Balder's Gate involves way way way too much reading, which I think takes away from the gameplay!! Nothing like reading a novel at 3:00 am ....... Boring, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!! The only way this RPG game will be any good is if they add voice overs to all of the text, then maybe, just maybe it will be a good game. However, I will believe that this game will be a PC game when they release at least a demo for it. No more PC screenshot hype from Lucas Arts from me again!! I will believe it when I see a demo first.

Just my opinion!!

Hey Brian, thought you had bailed on us...

We actually agree on one thing in your post: enough about the hype with screenshots and gimme a demo! SS are ok... But demo are a much better way of seeing if you like the game or not...

As for Galaxies & Role Playing... Well it's obviously not ur cup of tea... Some people like those type of games and some don't... to each his/her own...

Hey Brian do you own a Joystick and if so which brand/model is it? Any recommendations?

------------------

Guest Darth_Simpson

How can you judge those two games when you haven't even seen anything of them! If you even bothered to go to the SW Galaxies site, the developers stress that this is not EverBreast with SW textures. It's gonna be a totally different game!

The SW RPG from BioWare sounds really good in my opinion, even though we know nothing about it! The idea is excellent, we really need a RPG set in the SW Universe!

Guest Brian29

Well I own two controllers for my PC.

I own a Sidewinder Gamepad and a Logitech Wingman Extreme. The wingman extreme is a good controller for playing space sims. Tachyon, Starlancer etc. I recommend it if you are looking for a good joystick to play those types of games.

Guest Brian29

Darth_Simpson I am not disputing the fact of having a Star Wars RPG. I am disputing the fact that the same company that made Balder's Gate 1 and 2 are making this game. If you haven't played either one of those games then I think you should try them both first. Both of those games involve a lot, and I mean a lot of reading and it becomes boring after awhile and like I said if they add voice overs for all of the text, the game might be good!!!

As for Star Wars Galaxies?? I still think that the game is a rip off due to the fact that you have to pay monthly user fees to play them and in reality these games are like the energizer bunny and keep going and going and going..... What is the point of this??? I will tell you, there is no point and the reason developers make these types of games is so that they can suck more money out of you by including user fees in a game that you have already paid for.

That is exactly why they make no official endings in these types of games

If you judge to differ with me Darth_Simpson

then prove me wrong?? What exactly is the point of Stars Wars Galaxies??

I think every game type has pros and cons...

Star Wars Galaxies, which you claim has no ending, is probably very good on replayability, exactly for that fact... Now NO ONE knows if it's any good or not since NO ONE has played it yet... So I am just guessing, as are you, since neither of us has played it...

Actually the game CAN have an ending... Set yourself a goal and once you've reached it then there we go... The end!

------------------

Guest Darth_Simpson

While I've never really played a MMORPG much, I think the idea behind it is to create a community of people interacting with eachother in a virtual world. You create another identity and live another life online, doing whatever you want. It is an excellent idea, both on paper and in practice, as the popularity of these games has shown. I do think that the montly fee should be somewhat lowered, but not removed. Remember that people are working constantly on these games improving them, putting in new events and so on, where normal games are usually abandoned after the release. I think they deserve some money for their hard work!

Baldurs Gate 1 & 2 is two of the most briliant RPG's ever. They have a good storyline, good graphics and good character development. Clearly these games don't appeal to you, but they do to thousands of fans out there, who I'm sure appreciates the chance to finally play a RPG in the SW Universe! I can't really say anything about this game yet, as no real info has been released. We do know they are developing a new engine for it though!

Guest WeedCracker86

I agree 100% with what you say... I mean what is the point of getting us all excited and then saying "Oh umm.... Its not comming out for pc anymore".Its like saying"Its ok your not going to die of cancer"And then one day later you die!Im not buying anymore lucas arts games anymore either...or anything that Lucas owns,BECAUSE I WANT OBIWAN ON PC!!!It probably wont happen though.Maybe they'll have the Chrismas or Hanika spirit and do everyone a favor and put it back on for pc.

WC86: You have obviously not read any of the articles or post on this site...

Obi-Wan FOR The PC will not happen. And the reason is that it's creators decided it would suck for the PC. Re-read the post thread. Read the article with Simon Jeffrey, Prez of LEC.

And hey, if you don't want to buy anything else from LA, it's your choice, you'll be the one missing out on a bunch of great games. There's other games out there...

------------------

• 1 month later...

Originally posted by Jedi SuperBuen:

And hey, if you don't want to buy anything else from LA, it's your choice, you'll be the one missing out on a bunch of great games.

That is funny, I am going over to Lucasarts and seeing what games are coming out that I will be miising out on.

'Star Wars Super Bombbad Racing' ROTFL!!!HAHAHAAAAAA OOOOoOH MY GOODNESS! Does this look like a great game? 1s.jpg

'Battle for Naboo' HAHAHAHAHAAAA! I liked battle for Naboo the first time around, when IT WAS CALLED PHANTOM MENACE! Besides this is only for Nintendo 64.Not the pc so I am missing out on this "great game" whether I want to or not.

'Demolition' another great game coming soon and exclusivly for the console! "Weeeeee! Hi myname is Boba Fett and I stopped by to fight this AT-ST walker for my pal Jabba in an arena for money." ROTFL!! Great plot Lucas! For all the 5 year olds!

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

Guest Darth_Simpson

Obi-Wan FOR The PC will not happen. And the reason is that it's creators decided it would suck for the PC. Re-read the post thread. Read the article with Simon Jeffrey, Prez of LEC.

If it sucks for PC, then it sucks for console. So there we have it, Episode 1 : Obi-Wan now officially sucks... wink.gif

Archived