Home

OBI WAN Cacelled for PC?? Maybe I should ask Lucas Arts for a reimbursement

Guest Brian29

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe you missed what JediMasterHorn posted:

What did you expect, Jedi Knight? Alliance? Not every game they make is going to appeal to everyone. And just because it has Star Wars on it, doesnt mean it automatically will be aimed at adults, or that adults will love it.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Not every game has to be aimed at YOU and what YOU like. Many people have different tastes. I think it's great LA is aiming at everyone, not just a certain age group.

Hey if you don't like SBR, or BfN, that's alright and normal and I am sure LA didn't expect everyone to like those games.

Let me ask you something: Have you read the interview with LEC prez? The one that was posted a while ago? If you havin't I'll try to dig it up, it answers all the whys of OB1's cancellation for the PC.

------------------

You can do it your own way

Just as long as it's done just how I say...

Personally, I buy the "technology" explanation for Obi-Wan's cancellation, as well as the fact that they need to get some money for the game they've been working on that has seen too many delays.

As I've said before, I didn't buy it at first, because it didn't make sense to me, but then when the Prez explained it in those interviews, it made sense to me.

Keeping that in mind, I think the whole "it wasn't what people were expecting/it was more of a console game anyway" were more of LEC's way of trying to 'soften the blow' for the disapointed PC fans.

Of course I really don't know what fans "as a whole" were "expecting" that clashed so dramatically with LEC's vision, so I can't answer that part.

I figure if they were being honest with us at E3 and with the continued coverage (ie: screenshots, movies, and other media presentations and commentary) then I think I had a pretty good idea of what the game was going to be like.

Now of course it is possible that it could have changed drastically and there were major problems that they never mentioned to anyone in public, but just going by what they told us, I don't think I had anything to be disapointed or suprised about, except the fact that it was cancelled.

As a PC title that was high-end only, it wouldn't have made the kind of money in their target market that they had hoped for. That is logical enough.

But that certain games simply don't "work" on a PC format IMHO is not much of a reason to cancel a game, more like a way of smoothing it over. Tons of "arcade style" games come to the PC and many of them do quite well. Not every PC owner is demanding a super-hyped up RPG of a game with Virtual Reality graphics.

Plenty of PC fans enjoy mindless shooters, sports titles, and remakes of arcade classics that have very simple gameplay and little or no storyline. MHO.

Kurgan

Archived