Home

Obi-Wan Multi Player

Guest Confed_NBK

Guest Confed_NBK

Im a hard core gun freak in the MOTS game room at www.zone.com/jkdarkforces2

Obi1 better have guns and lots of them if not there will be lots of ppl that i know and dont know that wont even go near the game. sabers in multiplayer can be boring especialy if you have to account for Lag. but theres something about force powers and guns that gives a thrill. q2 and all the other FPS and TPS cant touch Jedi Knight or Mysteries of the Sith. you have such a wide field of choices with the weapons and powers and levels.

Speaking of levels.. not only is it important for the levels to look good but for multiplayer they have to be playable. Take the cargo ship and the spaceport levels in MOTS for instance. Not only do they look good but they are well layed out and look awsome. Same with Jedi Oasis in Jedi Knight.

I know i speak for many when i say that if Ob1 is lacking in the gun department im not going to play.

oh and NBK OWNS YOU

------------------

Get your work boots on when you play me. NBK BABY!!!

Guest Neumi

You DO know that there are different character classes, don't you?

There are also NON-Jedi in the MP mode. They MUST use guns.

Level design: MotS-Designers work on the gae, don't worry about THAT.

Sure, guns are nice, but playing JK and MotS, I normally use only the saber, I always have a full magazine for every weapon (just in case).

Guest Darth_Simpson

The saber is the coolest thing about JK. I almost never play a MP game with guns. Guns are cool, but if I want a gunfight, I`ll just play Unreal Tournament.

There are a lot of very talented lightsaberists and gunners out there who are looking forward to Obi-Wan's enhanced lightsaber handling.

There will be guns available in Obi-Wan.

Ideally, guns will be used at range, and the lightsaber will be powerful enough to be effective in melee.

Hopefully with more saber options, a more powerful saber, and a better network model (Obi-Wan is client server), gunners with limited attention span might actually try lightsabers.

Until then, we'll just have to continue to listen to self-proclaimed 'gun experts' who really don't know how to yield a lightsaber complain about the lousy lag and handling of JK/MotS lightsabers. This type of complaining only serves one purpose... to rationalize one's defeat at the hands of a more capable player. The gunner fully understands that another player's superior skill, not his own 'lagstick,' is what brought about his defeat. His vanity, or bad sportsmanship prevents him from admitting it.

Inevitably, these gun 'experts' lose in both gun and saber combat to players who excel in both weapon sets.

In any case, I doubt the rest of the community would really miss them if they didn't play Obi-Wan.

Oh and AF owns you, Confed.

AF_Wilhuf

[This message has been edited by Wilhuf (edited May 26, 2000).]

Guest Kurgan

I think there are at least five other (according to the LEC developers) weapons confirmed (some only for MP though), so don't worry about it. ; )

Kurgan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SeTSwiPe

Curious, Do you guys know if there's a Jedi Ranking system (as in JK) and if so will you just be able to choose your rank in multiplayer or will your single player gameplay affect your multiplayer rank?

*pant pant pant*

*Stares back at you for staring*

You guys try to say that in one breath

Previews so far haven't indicated that single player performance will affect ranking or force power availability in multiplayer.

Very nice previews over on gamespot

http://www.zdnet.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,913744,00.html

have stated that the following weapons, in addition to the lightsaber, will be available in Obi-Wan:

'the Naboo S-5 security blaster, the battle droid blaster, the TM-29 battle droid sniper rifle, the senate guard rifle, ion grenades, the CR-2 Naboo basic blaster, and the Tusken Gaderffi stick.'

Thats a lot of blasters... I wonder what advantage the Gaderffi stick will have over the lightsaber?

Wilhuf

[This message has been edited by Wilhuf (edited June 06, 2000).]

Archived