Home

Comments ON NEW DEMO!!!

Ghettod

If you actually went out and bought the game already go ahead and dl the new demo released yesterday or the day before, It dissapoint me that the high level of detial in the one board on the demo was not implemented into the ACTUAL GAME, the in game enemy models looked better than in the full version and even the begging scene looked real clean, compared to the ones in the game, as well as the attention to detail in the level i mean the demo level looks great and then i9 look back at the game and see they went half ass on it, i finished it because it was star wars i beleive alot of the puzzle bull**** was rediculous, and the game didnt get fun until i got the lightsaber in whitch i didnt uyse a gun for the rest of the game, the light saber fights were excellent, but next jedi knight maybe you should base it on anakin not some old guy who i never realy fell inot the character or could associate, and maybe even leave it opened ended were you can turn over to the dark side or stay on the rebel alliance, who knows but jesus shoulda put more wok inot the actual retail game then the demo, :(

I think we should be grateful that LucasArts didn't just the first level of JKII as the demo. It's good to see some originality.

Having said that, its a sales gimmic, and they did do a pretty good job of it. I don't think there should be too many complaints about the quality of the demo because the game itself is still damn hot.

I really like the demo. I also really like the game.

First - my complaint with the game is not that you don't get any force/saber to start. Rather it is the inaccuracy and dearth of decent weapons early on. I like the puzzles, the Dark Forces feel, and the pacing.

That said, I do really like the demo. I didn't find the models any better/worse than the game, nor the cutscenes any better or worse. I did absolutely LOVE the reflective floor - wish that had been in the full game!

Mostly, I like how it is a decent, self contained little level that allows you to meet challenges, kill numerous baddies, and get a decent overall feel for the full game without pulling out any of the levels.

Mike

Yes, the new demo was cool.

The reflective floor seemed to me to be the only thing that wasn't in the game, except for the snow, which was just a bunch of dots.

Maybe we will see the reflecting floor in an expansion pak?

Archived