Home

Jedi V Merc svrs

ShockV1.89

Ok, I've been playing on one fairly consistently. It felt lame at first, but then I realized that the level is a large factor in what side is going to win, and it got better then. I mostly played Jedi, but I switch to mercs every now and then.

My biggest problem is this: As you get into the game, while your stuff is loading, this server CLEARLY states "Server Rules: Red=Jedi, Blue=Merc"

Yet, there is no real way to enforce this, aside from a voted kick, which a lot of people apparently dont know about. We had one fella on tonight, "///Master Mahan" I think his name was. He hopped on blue and pulled a sabre. We told him about the rules. He responded "I'm on blue. I'm supposed to kill red, right?" "yeah, but you're a merc now, you have to click jedi off" "Why? Guns are gay, I'm killing red, so whats the problem?"

I couldnt get enough people to kick him, so eventually I left when I got a phone call. He sucked w/sabre anyway, challenged me to duel him even when I had killed him 1 on 1 twice prior to it.

Is there any way to enforce the team based merc vs jedi rules? It would make it fun, but jerks like that make it not as fun.

ShockV1.89

I was there, he left some time after you did

Why his nick wasn't displayed when people tried to kick him? when a vote was called to kick him it said "kick 1:yes 2:no", it didn't say his nick :confused:

Heeey, look at that! I havent yet played against someone on the forums that I knew of! Good playin with ya, digl.

I was wondering if it had something to do with the triple slashes at the front of his name. I'll probably put them in my name and see what happens when people try to kick me.

ShockV1.89

Yes, there is a way to make it so you can choose to be merc or jedi, my friend emailed raven about the idea before 1.03 and apparently they listened to him, I'll post later when I can get ahold of the CVAR. But there is a way to do it (maybe not red and blue)

Blade (i guess that an A in your name, I'm not l33t enuff 2 t311), I know theres an option for that. I'm wondering if theres a way to make it so there are forced player modes. ie. If you're on blue, you HAVE to be a merc. If you're on red, you HAVE to be a jedi. Lots of people (lots, specially tonight) disregard the clearly designated rule and play one mode in the wrong team. Thats not cool.

Maybe in 1.04 ;)

ShockV1.89

Originally posted by Zek

JvM works better with mixed Jedi/Merc teams anyway. Unless Raven adds support for team-based games, that's how I'd recommend playing it.

Uhh...

But then it's not really Jedi vs. Mercs.

Then it's mixed teams, and that's really only a hair shy of standard Team FFA. Begins to lose focus at that point.

Archived