Home

Geforce 4

fitzwilliamd

A friend of mine wants to buy a high end Geforce 4 Ti 4600 (overkill?) to play JK2: any suggestions on which to purchase? Nvidia? MSI? Gainward?

For some reason he thinks if he increases his fps he will be able to start owning me in multiplayer JK2. Silly, huh? :D

:duel:

Incidentally, I use a Geforce 2 and it seems to perform well enough for me.

If he has the money, what the heck get the best...

But JK2, all I'd suggest is a G-Force 3 64megs of ram or better.

You may not believe this, but I'm using a G-2 64meg DDR made by Gainward, I have this thing over clocked on the core to 300mhz

and 445mhz on the mem. and I've had it at those speeds for some time now with out any trouble!!!

So, I think you can play the game, and get the most out of the graphics that the game has to offer would be a G-3 ti500 would work fine. But if he has the money for the G-4 go for it...

And framerates mean life or death in a lag situation. It don't mean squat if you are both connected at a good rate, and niether one of you are experiencing lag...

~Nomad~

He bought a Visiontek Xtasy GeForce4 Ti 4600. Does anyone have any suggestions on configuring JO with this? He has been using 1280x1024 resolution. What resolution are people using with this beefy type of card? Any optimizing advice with JO?

Anyway, I will head back to my little GeForce 2 and try to be happy :D

Oh, and thank you for the response, NomadWR :cool:

Why do you need advice with that? Just put everything on really high.

If you don't have money for a Ti4600 buy an ATI Radeon 8500, almost as good, produces up to 300 fps (anyone got a 300Hz monitor?) with high quality in UT (sadly, JK2 locks on 90 fps) and it's much, much cheaper!

I believe there's very good club3D card with 128MB DDR and an ATI Radeon 8500 for something like $190

Originally posted by Tybris

Why do you need advice with that? Just put everything on really high.

If you don't have money for a Ti4600 buy an ATI Radeon 8500, almost as good, produces up to 300 fps (anyone got a 300Hz monitor?) with high quality in UT (sadly, JK2 locks on 90 fps) and it's much, much cheaper!

I believe there's very good club3D card with 128MB DDR and an ATI Radeon 8500 for something like $190

dependent on your processor speed and ram. i have a radeon 8500, with lots of people on the screen it drops down to 20ish fps. in duel servers i'm at 90(my artificial cap) 100% of the time. the reason for the huge disparity is my processor and ram. i have a 800mhz p3 with 256mb pc133 ram. it would perform vastly better if i had a faster processor.

ps: i run at 1024x768 with medium details and detailed shaders.

Archived