Home

Server stats program?

WD_ToRMeNt

I'm working on a new parser which will pair perl and mysql as a data store. With a good presentation layer, this will allow for much more thorough and entertaining stats tracking.

My cohort is working on a 'basic' php interface to the db to ensure we have something we can release to the world at large. I'd expect a few more weeks of development and testing before we're ready to ask for interested folks willing to put it through its paces and provide bug reports.

Keep an eye out if so interested. :)

Falryx:

I don't know if this will help you out or not, but I wrote a Perl/MySQL Stats system for Quake 3. From what I have seen of JKII logs they didn't change the format so the parser should still be something that you may like to look at.

It is completely modular, and if I had the time could probably have a module written that would parse JKII logs.

Anyway, if you would like to look at it, it is GPL'ed, so take as much or as little as you want.

http://fragme.org/Downloads/Utilities/vs4.zip

Ya, I actually haven't run across any color code on which it doesn't work. Well, normal codes as in ^?, but the OSP codes it doesn't deal with yet, becuase they are basically HTML color codes, and I haven't seen a need to put it in yet.

Run a server and get a huge log file filled with all sorts of users. There is a small percentage of people that dont colorize their names with the standard ^0-9 codes and use letters or anything else. Its always a good idea to account for those.

Archived