Home

WIP >>>> Great Pit of Carkoon...

Cmdr. Antilles

Once again here's the Mural stuff:

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/vidi7/jpixx.jpg (you're gonna want to fix it though )

This picture decorated one of the walls of the luxury sail barge of Jabba the Hutt. It was about one-and-a-half metres long and perhaps four-fifths of a metre high. It appears to be a relief cut in tan/ochre sandstone, which according to SWCCG lore, was from the adoptive Hutt homeworld of Nal Hutta. The piece, entitled Ne Ganna Dateel Jabba is said to have been designed by a Huttese artist named Dreyba.

The image depicts Jabba resting contentedly, surrounded by what probably were some of his favorite possessions. In his right hand he holds a large thin-necked jug which presumably held a drink of the hutt's fancy. In his left hand Jabba is cradling the head of one of his reclining humanoid pets. Another pet crouches attentively near his right hand, leaning against his mighty belly. Other pets are near Jabba's tail, or standing behind him. Two are holding fans.

The whole leisurely company is under what appears to be a tent or canopy, and it seems as if there are cushions on the ground.

The picture was tragically destroyed along with the whole sail barge and its passengers, after a joyride to the Pit of Carkoon went horribly wrong. The prisoners intended as live food for the local sarlaac managed to escape. They slew the guards, courtiers and Jabba; and then blasted the barge with its own defensive laser cannon.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just an idea when doing the sarlac pit, when a player falls in the mouth they dont fall into a big black pit, make them fall in a little room with red lineing, shallow water (prefably Green to simulate Stomach Acids) and dont make them die right away, make them loose 20 hp a sec or something like that.... not quite a 1000 years but close enuff :p

I don't need to know the history and meaning of the mural, just where the heck it goes inside. :D

And I'll give you guys a choice:

When a player falls in

1. The head of the sarlacc will pop up, and swallow them, and they are killed instantly. I think I'd make it burb too. :)

2. The fall in a pit of acid, basically.

What do you want? I personally think number one would be the coolest.

k thats cool, i understand ill be patent! its worth it ;)

maybe u can combine the 2 ideas like have the SE sarlacc mouth salow you then u go in its stomach....... if its possable because it would be more realistic. but if u cant Stick with Idea #1

I left the barge alone for a day since it was irritating me. It's tough getting the interior to work right. Instead, I worked on the actual pit. I put some teeth in, and started work on some custom textures. I like having the two different parts to work on, since it gives me something to do when I get fed up w/ the other. ;)

I just had to say how excellent this map is looking!

I am in awe of your skilz Cmdr.

If you are not a proffesional mapper now then you should be!

You have a truly excellent talent and I am glad that I will be able to imerse myself in the result!

Thanks.

- Pseudopath.

Archived