Home

Anybody played the Arcade version?

Guest Kurgan

I haven't... but man I think any racer fan would want to own one of those slick cabinets. ; )

podracer_1.jpg

podracer_4.jpg

Go here for more info and other cool games...

http://www.system16.com/hrdw_hiraku.htm

Go here for info on Star Wars Trilogy http://www.system16.com/hrdw_model3step2_1.htm

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited February 21, 2001).]

Guest Boba Rhett

I've heard about it. I didn't know it was that cool though. Doesn't the seat look like the cockpit?

Like my new sig?

------------------

I live here ya know.

Even though I haven't played Racer in a long time.. it would be great for parties with a bunch of friends. ; )

starwars%20racer.JPG

starwarsracer_twin.jpg

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited February 22, 2001).]

I don't know, haven't played it. I have never seen it live either (no arcades around here have it). I have read though that it has a control bar (see picture).

I imagine it is supposed to be more like the "real thing" from the movie. But the gameplay is supposedly like the PC/console versions. But I can't say for certain as I haven't played it.

Kurgan

Guest Darth Crater

My brother has played it. He really had fun with it! I don't know if there are Camelot Parks where you guys live (it's a miniature golf place), but that's where he played it.

Guest Jawamaster

There is a Camelot right by a fries off the freeway, on, I think, Kraemer street.

------------------

Jawamaster

• 1 month later...
Guest Kurgan

Man, I wish I could try this one out. ; p

Arcades are disappearing left and right.. it's sad really. I love arcades!

I noticed Dreamcast games are getting marked down (due to changes in Sega's corporate strategy), and I see DC Racer is among them. Anybody played it?

Kurgan

Star Wars Trilogy, another great SW arcade game...

star%20wars%20trilogy.JPG

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited April 18, 2001).]

Both are (as usual) Quality Sega Games. biggrin.gif BTW, the Arcade Pod has 2 handles like in the movie, that's how you control it. smile.gif

BTW, DC Epi. I racer is basically the PC version with a newer graphics. Altough the Arcade version is a completely new game. (PLEASE SEGA, BRING THAT ONE TO THE DC!)

------------------

No!

I am your father.

Guest Kurgan

That would be cool. And since Sega is the company that did SWT, that would be an even more "natural" release.. ; )

Kurgan

Guest JediKnight_114[b]

I played it once and was really disappointed. I expected something like my PC version, but it travels at the pace of NasCar, and handles like a hovercraft. The controls are twin handles where full thrust is both handles forward, to turn you pull back on whichever stick that is in the direction you want to turn. I found them very awkward. Anyway, I lost in about one minute since I couldn't make the checkpoints, and stuck with Star Wars Trilogy Arcade instead. Now that game rocks.

Oh, if any of you are looking for a place that has Arcade Racer, I played it at Aladdin's Castle. So it might be there if you have one close by.

Happy Gaming.

------------------

The Force will be with you...Always.

Archived