Home

Models in SP?

batmandrinkscok

yeah you can. I did it with the jedi Trainer. The only thing is that he still will have the vioce of Kyle.

Here is what you do:

you have to un pack the contents of the assests.pk3 file to a new folder. I use winRAR.

Then you copy everything on the model you want from the model directory.

Example: copy everything from the jedi trainer(or whatever you want to use) file under the model directory. Then go to the Kyle folder and delete everything in there. then paste all that stuff that you copied from the model you want to use in the empty kyle folder.

Now you have to make a pk3 out of this.

Just right click on the base file that you extracted Not the file you created.

Example. NewFolder\Models\Players

you want to make a pk3 of only the Models\Players path do not add new folder.

Then name the pk3 some with the letter B-z

Example: guy.pk3

Then move that pk3 file you created to the main directory were the other pk3 files are.

One note though,

I had a problem when trying to play a saved game with the new pk3. My character held the saber in his left hand and some of the animations were strange. Just start a new game and things should be okay.

• 2 weeks later...

I've already changed almost every model/skin in the sp game, hehe. I have made a few skins that replaces Kyle. At the moment:

1) I've replaced Kyle with an Anakin (Episode 2) skin. Before, I was using a Han Solo Skin from ESB.

2) I've replaced stormtroopers with Clonetroopers (someone is making the ultimate Clonetrooper model. I can't wait to use it to replace the one I'm using now. Here's a link if you're interested in seeing his progress. It's amazing.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56342

3) I've replaced Tavion with Lady Maul (an awesome model. She's a member of Darth Maul's race. I had to extract her from the Lady Brena Model. There were 4 variations of her. It took a little time, but it was well worth it! Here's a link to what she looks like. She's the 3rd picture... the one in red. )

http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=317

4) I've replaced the rodians with the Boba Fett Model. Again, it took some time to extract him from the other Mandalorians file, but its pretty damn cool!

I can go on an on, but there's too many to list. Its a lot of fun replacing the skins and models. Its gonna be even more fun when more single player maps come out (I have 9 or 10 sp maps at the moment) and the mods. :)

Ronbrothers, if you're interested in replacing a character in your JK2 game with Boba Fett, here's what you do:

1) unzip the Mandalorian.zip file

2) a newly created Mandalorian folder should appear on your desktop. Open it and you will see a .pk3 file inside.

3) rename the mandalorian.pk3 to this: mandalorian.zip

4) You've just created another zip file. Now unzip it...

5) ...and open the newly created folder. There are now a bunch of other folders inside. ignore all of them "EXCEPT" the model folder. Open that and take out the Boba Fett Folder and put it somewhere on your desktop.

6) delete everything "EXCEPT" your Boba Fett folder.

7) Now that you only have the boba fett folder. Create 2 more folders. Name one folder: models. Name another folder: players

8) put the boba fett folder inside the players folder. Then put the players folder inside the models folder.

9) Now, decide on a character that you want to replace. Go to the link at the bottom of this post to get started on replacing the characters. It may seem confusing at first... but its quite easy. Just open the "model_default.skin" with notepad. You'll see a lot of lines. All you have to do is replace all of the lines that have the word "boba_fett" with the filename of the character you want. Here's an example:

ORIGINAL BOBA FETT FILE:

hips,models/players/boba_fett/boba_hips.jpg

cap_hips_l_leg_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga

REWORKED BOBA FETT FILE (replacing the rodian with him)

hips,models/players/rodian/boba_hips.jpg

cap_hips_l_leg_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga

10) Most importantly leave any lines that says stormtrooper alone! After you've replaced all of lines that have the "boba_fett" name with the name of the model of your choice, save it. rename the Boba Fett folder to the name of the model/skin of your choice (mine would be called: rodian)

11) Now go back to folder that says: models

12) zip it up. Give it a name of your choosing and rename the .zip extension to .pk3

13) Now drop your newly created .pk3 file into the JK2 Gamedata/Base folder and start a new game. It won't work with a saved game. You have to start fresh for the skins to work. Thats it.

Here's a link to Darklighter's excellent "Guide To Sp And Mp Skin Conversion " thread if you're still confused:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56095

Archived