How much does star wars matter?

Master Rooster

Does Star Wars make better game?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Does Star Wars make better game?

• Yes! I wouldn\'t play if I wasn\'t a Jedi
    • No! The game would great even if the swords don\'t glow
    • Erm, what\'s Star Wars?

I'm just wondering how many people play the game for the fact that it's Star Wars over the fact that it's a great game? Would it be a WORSE game if it wasn't Star Wars? Obviousbly it would be less popular, but is it any better through the fact that it uses Star Wars things?

To me though the SW label isn't ALL that great *ducks to avoid fanboi saber swings*. Not saying Sw blows though either!

When I was young little kid, the second movies I ever saw on the big screen was ROTJ I think (it was either that or ET, I was about 5 or so so forgive me if I have forgotten I was born in 77).

I remmeber Seeing some comercial on my grandparents old ass TV (REALLY old, but cool it had these touch sensitive channel changer thingies, I guess they picked up the electricity/static on your fingers or somehting, but VERY fun to fool around with when nobody was looking heheh).

There was this big forest, with lots of cute bear things, then I saw the blaster bolts. My mom is something of a trekkie, and I was raised on Sci fi up to that point, that and westerns (my dad is a hillbilly of sorts from tennesee, and my mom is actualy more aristocratic, so yeah I actually have royal blood in me heheh, oddly I got it on my dads side too, but they haven't been royal for a few centuries heheh ANYWAY!).

i was in awww. Then... Then i saw this glowing sword thingie in the hands of this guy, then a red one in the hands of this sick looking guy who looked like a black knight.

I remeber that the second the comercial was over I tripped many times as I ran to beg my grandparents to take me to go see it...

They nodded, and I nearly crapped myself. to me as a little kid, my grandparents taking me anywhere to see a movie like that was unheard of.

Between the Jedi and Jabba the hut and his palace my little mind was shaken forever... i had dreams as a little kid of being a Jedi of some kind or something, and saving some beautiful princess from a big fat slimy thing in a dark smokey palace for years!).

then as I grew up I found new loves... Eventualy I went into the martial arts around 12 or so, all the SW movies had been nearly forgotten since they took forever to come out on video...

When I finaly saw them all, I was much older than when I first saw and loved ROTJ. SOME of the magic was gone... to be honest I still loved, and always will love SW in a part of my soul... Although never enough to buy a game about it.

that is till i found this one. See when I saw TPM, I fell in love with the Jedi all over again. I Found out just how close it really did seem to the martial arts I had been studying for nearly a decade even if it was more fantastic.

so I made up my mind that if any game came out that made it seem cool to be a Jedi and wasn't like the other older games with the exception of tie fighter, Xwing, and whatever the other one was (I liked all three a lot), I would buy it and try it...

I passed on the console game from Episode one... it seemed kind of unlike what I was looking for, and too much like the SNES SW games I played... all where OK, and I played them all, but liked none of them really enbough to play another one remotely like it...

I had given up... Then I saw this, remembered the older ones got good reviews, and decided to try it.

In short, I like this game for the Jedi aspect, and for the sword and sworcery like feel of that concept as well. Not because it is simply a SW game.

IE being that it's star wars means nothing, and I hope some good mod makers out thier totaly redo the game to be something else... maybe some kind of sword n sworcery game, SP and multiplayer. Hell I bet you could make a GREAT mod of this game to make a SP, and possibly MP game that is like the Blade movies!

It's got everything it needs to make it a blade game, just change the graphics and the force powers ETC. Catch my drift?

anyway thats all for this long ass post :)

I agree with the majority Star wars does make this game better,

however it is still a top notch game in its own right.

I would be interested to see a Ninja mod or a samurai mod for this game as most of the ninja abilities are pretty close to jedi powers in a way.

i love the sound of sword fights.

anyone with a bit of knowledge should do this i'd definitely buy it if it came out....

Peace to you all

Jah

Archived