Home

To Patch Or Not To Patch?

NewBJedi

I wrote to them in e-mail asking the question below and got this response:

"If the username on the post was ChangKhan, then yes…it’s probably true.

--Kenn

Kenn Hoekstra

Project Administrator/

Director of Support Services

Raven Software Corporation

http://www.ravensoft.com/"

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 11:53 PM

To: Hoekstra, Kenn

Subject: Question ..

Is this true:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Hado

Thanks for your comments but we, for the most part, obviously disagree. There will not be another official patch.

Michael Chang Gummelt

Gameplay Programmer: Jedi Knight II

Raven Software

http://www.ravensoft.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saw it on the Lucasforum site:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=545761

If Raven did not come out with another single patch for JK2, that would suite me just fine.

That way we can have the 1.02 players doing what they enjoy, and the 1.03 players watching autoblock perform and foes fight them ass-first. In fact, I think that's the best idea yet.

You screwed up the first time Raven, don't even bother a second time, the code is pretty sound and the 1.02 servers are going up.

Got another e-mail:

Ah, got more info here:

"It’s still undecided at this time.

--Kenn

Kenn Hoekstra

Project Administrator/

Director of Support Services

Raven Software Corporation

http://www.ravensoft.com/"

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 4:41 PM

To: Hoekstra, Kenn

Subject: Re: Question ..

Well, basically this person said it was an e-mail from the person stated below.

I am wondering if it's true that:

There will be no more patches for JK2.

Can you confirm or deny this?

Thank you very much.

i dont think that raven should be getting pushed for a new patch...yea maybe the fixed some things but left others open but i think its up to the modders now to fix the game, if i had enough support for my mod idea i would have been basically fixing things like this....

Originally posted by TrUeFoRcE

i dont think that raven should be getting pushed for a new patch...yea maybe the fixed some things but left others open but i think its up to the modders now to fix the game, if i had enough support for my mod idea i would have been basically fixing things like this....

Modders aren't SUPPOSED to fix the game. Modders make mods. The developers fix the stuff they didn't in the short dev time. If we all used mods to fix things, there would be 500 different versions of mods on all the servers, and it would be a real pain for finding games you like. With an OFFICAL patch, everyone upgrades to that, not just two or three servers.

Originally posted by Emon

Modders aren't SUPPOSED to fix the game. Modders make mods. The developers fix the stuff they didn't in the short dev time. If we all used mods to fix things, there would be 500 different versions of mods on all the servers, and it would be a real pain for finding games you like. With an OFFICAL patch, everyone upgrades to that, not just two or three servers.

Yep, exactly, well said.

Everytime we have a conversation about patches it always comes to Raven. We need to ask LucasArts for the patch and not Raven. Where Raven are the developers LucasArts has final say of whether or not they need a patch. And Raven currently says Lucas are not planning on another patch. Petition LucasArts. Email them. But lets give Raven a break. They made an awesome game whether it has some flaws or not its still highly playable. But the community needs to direct their thoughts towards Lucas rather than Raven.

Archived