Home

Hmmm... Warezed Version of JKII on Ebay

RedArmy

I Think its time to exterminate warez scum once and for all. hopefully raven will step on his neck.

"game does not include book, box, or anything else for that matter. if you win auction all you will win is the GAME, cannot stress that enough.only payments accepted are PAYPAL, money order, billpoint, and personal check (item will be shipped after check clears.)Payment must be received within 10 days of auction closing. game does not require cd key. In the best interest of our reliable bidders and repeat customers, I reserve the right to cancel bids from users with negative or no feedback. "

If you look at the guy's feedback, you will see he has sold a lot of warezed copies of JK2 at $15 each. You would think Ebay would terminate his account or Raven would step in to catch this pirate who is stealing their software.

I still don't understand the point of not using a CD-key, with all the pirating going on, they should have utilized all possible ways of warezing the game (although they will figure out how to copy it usually at some point) they should have made it harder for them to copy it.

Originally posted by ArmchairAthlete

Wtf? Selling on ebay for $15? Jees, I thought the whole point of warez was to download stuff free somewhere...

(I don't use warez, i payed for JKII)

yeah I thought that warez was about downloading stuff, and ebay really ought to be more careful.

rofl, gotta love that e-mail address. he sure has a lot of Ayzinnnboeeeeee pride.

for those of you who didn't click on the link: dataznboi324@aol.com

it's almost as bad was the WWII Asian-Russian Sniper - AzN Vassilli. damn, he sure is aayyyyyzzzzziiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnn (no, i'm not making fun of asian people, i'm making fun of the 1337 h4x0r AzN's who think they have "m4d 5k1llz0r5").

Originally posted by Swingman

I still don't understand the point of not using a CD-key, with all the pirating going on, they should have utilized all possible ways of warezing the game (although they will figure out how to copy it usually at some point) they should have made it harder for them to copy it.

CD-keys don't help. The CD-key is either sent out with the warezed copy, or key gens appear withing weeks, so it won't matter. These things more often than not screw legit customers than stop warez.

Yea but if CD-keys are used by numerous people, then Raven can ban that CD-key from servers. well possibly not, not sure, that's what blizzard does with BattleNet though. Not sure if it would work on JK2 since it is done differently.

CD-Keys are not an end all but Blizzard uses them effectively to keep people with copies off BattleNet.

Gesazzzz, how obvious can someone be about selling burned copies of a game? Sad thing is he is doing it out in the open on Ebay, and making money. And people wonder why new games prices keep getting higher and higher....

Unreal.

D4

Archived