Home

Newbie question.

Dark4ces

I am new to this game, just got it today and played online tonight. I watched some very intense fighting in observer mode. My question....do most of the really good players use the mouse/keyboard combo or a keyboard/gamepad combo?

Thanks in advance for ny sincere input. :)

D4

Thanks for the info guys!

I was on a server where certain players were being called script hackers and or a few other terms. Was just curious if it was possible to become as skilled as some I saw with the mouse and keyboard.

Glad to hear it is, gives me something to look forward to. Even though Im new and learning = dying a lot, I am still having a lot of fun. :)

D4

well, when you get good loosers that think they are good will call you a hacker... i wouldnt pay any attention to that

=P I've been called a hacker so many times in CS that its not even funny... so i quit playing it (banned too many times)

Do whatever feels best for you. Just have a good time playing.

As a pretty much-unwritten rule, the mouse/keyboard setup is the only way to play any FPS if you want to win. Game pads and joysticks have a fixed turning radius, so no matter how fast you need to turn to the left your speed will be limited.

For me a high mouse sensitivity is a must. if you max it out in the game menu it is at "30". I set mine in the console at "50". Most people can't even walk and turn 3 steps without getting disoriented at that high of a setting, but for me it feels perfect.

As for scripts, don't waste your time. At first they will seem like the greatest thing, but once you get a feel for the game and it's physics they will hinder your game play.

If you want to get good, don't be afraid to lose. This is how you learn. If someone tears me a new one, I compliment them then ask them what I did wrong. You will be surprised how much you can learn from this.

Archived