Home

Anti backstab

DrazMan

Alright I agree with most of you how lame a lot of players are who use constant pull backstab combo. However this is not an instant kill everytime if you play well and have quick reflexes.

If you're light side invest a couple force points to protect. As soon as you see yourself get pulled to the ground hit that protect button and that back stab might not kill you. Will probably take you down enough to where you have to scramble for bacta right after.

If you're darkside invest some into rage. While you're using darkrage you can't be killed. At least you couldn't in 1.02. If i'm wrong about this someone please correct me. But if not as soon as you see someone pull you down hit that rage button. You'll go down to one health but then can get up and scramble for those health packs.

Might help out a lot who are just getting plain sick and tired of that combo. As for the recently dubbed "ass fighters" I don't know of any solution at the moment but i'm workin on it.

Use these techniques to negate the pull,backstab combo until the next patch, if it ever comes around.

Originally posted by Luc Solar

Tapping the Absorb-button works fairly well too. (If you're paying attention to the game)

Man, how I love to cut down the pull & backsweep-people.. :D

I dont know if it is a glitch or something, but I find I can even be pulled with absorb activated.

Anyone else notice this?

Actually I saw people use the pull/heavy mode backslash in 1.02 as well

I mailed raven about this exploit a few days before the patch and they said they would look into it, but they couldnt promise it was going to be in the patch.

ah, if only they did put it in the patch then at least 1 exploit wouldnt be here now :(

"Actually I saw people use the pull/heavy mode backslash in 1.02 as well"

I think it was the only saber-move they didn't nerf. Everyone was just too busy doing the DFA back then....the Janitor-style wasn't dominating as it is now. :)

So long as your not raped by an ass knight while playing with a group of people fighting in a big swarm, dealing with an ass fighter is really all too easy. So long as they arn't force pulling that is. (even if they are, it is possible to sort of counter/avoid, but certainly not balanced in any way heheh).

against a lone ass fighter in a duel. you must do exactly as Itell you...

First, accept that regardless of how you like it or use it in normal fights, in this case saber throw is ONE of your best possible friends.

you can run backwards, just as fast as they can. so do it... and keep tapping your saber throw button right at his poop shoot.

After about 5 of these hits, any ass fighter will either get the hint or be a free easy kill for you.

you could also simply use push/pull/grip/ or lightning to harras the ass fighter in thier attempt to close with you. Push works wonders since most ass fighters keep swinging while moving, meaning they are much more susceptable to the effects of push.

I don't know one person who thinks it's lame to pull backstab an ass fighter. Personaly I find it fitting justice.

As for non force, no throw servers? Still easy, but reqiures a bit more timing to pull off...

have your medium stance handy for this one.

stand still... invite the ass warrior with a taunt or something to chase you ass first. Wait patiently. As soon as they are within activation range hit jump+foreward+attack.

One of three things will happen.

A: you leap into the air, and inflict near fatal damage to the ass fighter.

B: you leap into the air, cutting at his/her head, JUST as captain ass pirate is thrusting/swinging backwards. this looked VERY cool, and once you know how to do it, is really all too easy, others will ooh and ahh, and say: "damn right, TEACH that Ass fighter a new trick! YEAH!"

Ten you can gloa over your fallen ass fairy. Say something totaly uncivil like: fighting with your ass is a good way to get it kicked. Or some other snide remark to show them just how inferior thier technique really is.

If they are simply a newb or something, they might listen, but regardless the point has been proven.

As for pull backstab, the only things I have found that work after your on the ground, and without force protect, or dark rage ETC. your best bet is to get up fast, and preferably land a kick in the process. If your lucky the fool will aproach you from the side, and if thier timing is off by one or two miliseconds you can at least give them a boot to the face for thier geiness.

finaly in closing, I would like to add, some dork named Taz or somehting came onto a server I was playing on. suddenly I was no longer at the top of the list as he pull backstabbed his way to glory. My hard earned kills meant nothing... so I made it my duty as the hero of the server to humiliate this punk every chance I got.

Luckily this was on narshada pit level. sure he pulled well, and nailed me a few times, but I sent him flying off the side so many times it was hilarious. Once I even pulled off the mythical medium DFa finisher bug, just as I was pulled to the ground so the damage was still done and he killed himself on my saber...

He then proceeded to inform me that I am a no good dirty cheater, and tried to get me voted off!

I managed to kill him with some help about 12 more times, using everything from grip to push, kicks and pull backstabs of my own.

Each time I killed him I told him he was a loser... or some other less sensitive, more colorful metaphore.

Even when he killed me, I asked him if he felt like a big strong man yet. Every message a sent oozed with contempt and cutting remarks.

From "wow is this your way of compensating for having a small penis?" to "the kids at school beat you up a lot don't they?"

anyway yeah thats all...

Archived